Instagram has more than two billion users around the world. It’s a great platform to show off your creativity, whether you upload images or videos.
Social media professionals who use Instagram as their main source of income often ask, “How can I post pictures to Instagram from my laptop?” This is because they want to make it easy for their followers to see the images on whatever device is available.
If you only edit photos and videos from your computer, it is even more important to know how to upload to Instagram.
It’s not worth the effort to transfer files from your mobile device.
Let’s take a look at all the ways that you can post to Instagram from your desktop.
How can I post pictures to Instagram from my computer?
While Instagram is designed for mobile devices, you can still post to Instagram from your desktop computer.
In the past, Instagram users relied heavily on browser tricks and third-party tools to post photos on the platform. With Instagram’s recent update, users can now upload photos and videos directly to its website
Here are some ways to post on Instagram using your desktop computer.
Option 1: Posting using a web browser
All Instagram users, whether personal or professional, will be able to upload and create posts via the browser version of Instagram starting October 2021.
This feature can only be used to publish posts and reels, but not stories.
These steps will allow you to post to Instagram from your desktop computer’s web browser.
- Sign in to your account at instagram.com
- After logging in, you’ll see a feed layout similar to your mobile device. Next, click on “create” to open the menu.
- Clicking the button will bring up a pop-up box that allows you to upload photos or videos. Drag them to the box, or click the “Select From Computer” button.
- After you’ve selected a file you can adjust its aspect ratio or focus by clicking on the buttons to the lower left.
- Click the button to the right to add more photos or videos. You can only include ten photos or videos per post. Drag the files to arrange them.
- You can then apply filters to the photos or alter their properties.
- Next, create a caption using hashtags or not. Add a geotag and tag people or account in the post.
- If you are satisfied with your draft, click “Share”.
Option 2: Uploading using Creator Studio
Meta Creator Studio allows you to manage both Instagram and Facebook accounts.
Even if you don’t have an Instagram account, the tool can still be useful because you can post Reels directly from your computer.
Follow these steps to publish content on Instagram with Creator Studio
- Visit Creator Studio:
- Click the Instagram icon in the upper middle of the page beside the Facebook icon.
- Click on “Instagram login” and enter your details in the pop-up window to log in.
- To access the Creator Studio, ensure that your Instagram account is a professional one. If you don’t have a Professional Account, make sure to change your settings.
- Click “Create Post” to choose whether you want to post on Instagram Feed or IG Video.
- You will also need to select which account the post will appear on, particularly if more than one account has been linked.
- If necessary, add a geotag to your caption.
- Click the “Add Content” button to view the “From file Upload” button. Select the files you want to add to your post from there.
- Click the “Tag media” button at the bottom right to tag people in your photo. The “Crop media” button allows you to resize your photo.
- Once you have finalized the details of your content, click “Publish” and it will be published immediately. If you prefer to publish the content at a specific date and time, click the inverted triangle and choose “Schedule”.
Option 3: Using SocialPilot
You may be asking yourself why you would use social media management tools.
These tools will help you stay on top of social media content. They allow you to schedule posts for later times and dates.
This eliminates the hassle of manually posting every item during peak engagement times, giving you more time for creating quality content and engaging your audience.
SocialPilot allows you to schedule your posts and manage social media. Customers can plan and schedule their posts in advance, track their performance, and manage all their social handles from one place. It allows professionals, teams, businesses, and other organizations to maximize the impact of their content.
Let me walk you through the steps of posting on Instagram using SocialPilot.
- Log in to SocialPilot on your desktop browser.
- To connect your Instagram Personal or Business Account, go to Accounts > Connect Account > Instagram. Direct publishing is currently only available for Business Accounts. Personal Accounts can only use mobile reminders.
- Open the Composer by clicking the “Create Post” button at the top-right corner of your dashboard. As you can see, there are many social media platforms.
- To publish to your Instagram account, click on the Instagram icon. Here you can publish Stories, Reels, and Posts. Due to Instagram API policy, Stories can only be published by mobile reminders.
- Click on the Add Media option to upload photos directly from your desktop. You can upload up to 10 photos per Instagram post.
- In the “Type Description here” box, you can add a caption to your post. A caption can only contain 2200 characters. You can also add geolocation tags and emojis to your captions.
- You can schedule your first comment on Instagram through SocialPilot.
- The Post Preview option allows you to preview your post before it is published.
- After you have reviewed your post, select the Instagram Account where you wish to publish it.
- There are five ways to schedule when you want your post to go live. These options can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Share the reel now by clicking on “Share Now”.
- “Add to Queue” will place the reel in line according your time slots, which can be set by the user.
- Click “Share next” to upload the reel at the next available time slot.
- You can schedule your reel using ‘Schedule post’.
- You can also use ‘Repeat post’ to post the same reel multiple pages at the same time for certain pages.
It doesn’t end there.
SocialPilot also offers UTM parameters and custom fields. You can add account-specific information to SocialPilot by using custom fields. The information can be saved beforehand and used while you post. UTM parameter options allow you to track and analyze how your added link performs.
You can also Bulk Schedule up 500 posts at once. Access Analytics and Reports for all published posts. Social Inbox allows you to keep track of all conversations from different accounts.
SocialPilot lets you plan and schedule a weekly and monthly posting schedule. This helps professionals, teams and businesses automate social media management.
Interesting read: How to Schedule Instagram Posts–A Step-By-Step Guide
The benefits of posting on Instagram from a desktop
People have been accessing Instagram via their mobile devices for years and posting photos and videos there. Some people prefer to use their desktop computers for content creation to increase social media conversions. It has many benefits that you can also benefit from.
What are they?
1. More space to work with
One reason is that you can post from your desktop. This makes it easier to be more productive. This allows you to include more information and make your posts look professional.
2. More control
Posting from your computer also gives you more control over the time and date of your posts. You can schedule your posts ahead of time using third-party scheduling tools such as SocialPilot or Creator Studio. You can schedule them in advance so they go live when your audience is online.
3. Photo Editing Software for Professionals
Your desktop may be more convenient for editing photos and videos than using mobile apps. You can upload files to Instagram from your computer without having to transfer them to your phone.
4. Access to Desktop-Exclusive features
Finally, you can use all the features and tools Instagram has to offer, such as the insights tool, by posting from a computer. This will allow you to track engagement levels for your posts and collect important data that can be used to improve your strategies.
Interesting read: 20 Instagram Best Practices for Businesses
Instagram is an effective tool to market your products and build relationships with your followers.
You must therefore learn how to post images on Instagram. We hope that this blog post will answer your question “How can I post photos on Instagram from my computer?”
You can use any of these tools to maximize Instagram’s features and reach your marketing goals.
SocialPilot’s social networking scheduling tool is a good choice if you still need a tool to help with your social media posts. You can publish your Instagram content at any time and date you choose, and it allows you to manage all of your social media accounts effectively.
It doesn’t matter which tool you use, you can still make engaging content that will help you gauge the potential customers or followers you have.
SocialPilot’s first post, How can I upload pictures to Instagram from my computer?, was published on SocialPilot.
Leave a Reply