Things are about to get more real in 2023 on social media.
The rise in the popularity of BeReal made platforms like Instagram and Snapchat realize that people are getting sick of the superficial nature of social media. So they rolled up their sleeves and incorporated features to curb the fakeness.
Will adopting the dual camera feature help them? Only time will tell.
But one thing is sure; content creators and user-generated content will continue to be the best choice for brands to promote their offerings more organically, as they were in 2022.
The rise of content creators led to more subscription-based services, monetizing, and collaborating opportunities within social media platforms like Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.
Many platforms introduced new features to strengthen social commerce and community-building initiatives.
In a nutshell, social media stuck to its ever-changing behaviour in 2022 as well.
As a marketer, you need to be aware of the changing behaviours of social platforms to keep your strategies up to date. By paying attention to patterns and trends, you can ensure your plan is on point and stay ahead of the competition.
To help you out, we have curated a list of social media statistics for 2023. These stats will give you a better understanding of your target audience and help you figure out how to reach them.
With these stats, you can answer crucial questions like
- Which is the best platform for marketing your brand?
- What type of content does your audience engage with the most?
- How much engagement can you expect from different social media platforms?
And a lot more!
The list is divided into comprehensible sections for each platform to help you navigate and process insights:
- Demographic Statistics: These numbers tell you about the characteristics of the population using a particular social platform, for instance, their gender, age, income, etc.
- Usage Statistics: These numbers highlight how the users access a particular social platform.
- Engagement Statistics: These numbers tell you the kind of content users engage with on a social platform and how and where they engage with brands.
- Business Statistics: These numbers show how businesses use these platforms for marketing themselves – social selling, customer service, content marketing, etc.
- Ads Insights: These numbers talk about the amount brands invest in ads, their returns, and the kind of response ads receive on these platforms.
- Top brands: This section focuses on brands that have nailed social media marketing on each platform and are now considered touchstones for marketers.
Facebook struggled to maintain its “most popular platfrom” crown last year. Meta stocks also tanked, losing about two-thirds of their value since peaking in September 2021.
Seeing the next generation of users flocking to other platforms, Facebook piggybacked on Instagram’s cool features and made rigorous changes in its algorithm. Such efforts led audiences to seek Facebook feeds more than TikTok to watch short-form videos.
Even after a few setbacks, Facebook rules the social commerce domain, which is great news for retailers.
Facebook has also introduced a new set of group features, such as Reels for Groups and enhanced group admin features to help marketers alleviate the community experience.
While you plan for 2023, let these insightful statistics power your Facebook marketing strategy. Time to create dynamic content that your audience will likely engage with and stay consistent with the help of Facebook publishing tools.
Facebook Demographics Stats
- Facebook has 2.96 billion monthly active users, a 2% increase year-over-year.
- In the third quarter of 2022, the daily active user number on Facebook reached 1.98 billion, an increase of 3% year-over-year.
- 81% of all adults in the U.S. have a Facebook account.
- India is ranked first in terms of Facebook audience size, with almost 349.7 million users.
- The United States, Indonesia, and Brazil also have 182.3 million, 133.8 million, and 114.7 million Facebook users, respectively.
- According to Statista, between the ages of 25 and 34, 12.6% of all active Facebook users are female, and 18.4% are male.
- With 11.2 billion visits, 1.5 billion unique visitors, and an average visit time of 31 minutes, Facebook is the third most visited website globally.
- 75% of high-income earners use Facebook.
Facebook Usage Stats
- 1.98 billion people, on average, log into Facebook daily.
- Facebook is the world’s third-most downloaded app.
- 1.3 billion Facebook users use Facebook messenger.
- The average U.S. adult spends 30.1 minutes a day on Facebook.
- Users spend an average of 19.6 hours a month on Facebook.
- People spend 33 minutes a day on Facebook.
- 39.8% of the total world population uses Facebook every month.
- 98.5% of users access Facebook from mobile devices.
- The percentage of teens in the United States who used Facebook had decreased from 71% in 2014/15 to 32% in 2022.
- 85% of smartphone users have the Facebook app.
- 71% of U.S. adults use Facebook.
- There are over 10 million groups on Facebook.
- There are more than 70 million admins and moderators running active Facebook groups.
- 1 billion Facebook Stories are shared daily.
- The U.S. adult population on Facebook uses the social media platform daily, while 49% use them several times a day.
- 31% of American users use Facebook to read the news.
- 16% of Facebook users are fake or duplicates.
Facebook Engagement Stats
- Over 1 billion Stories get posted every day across Facebook apps.
- 1.8 billion people interact in Facebook groups every month.
- 57% of the brands feel Facebook stories effectively promote their products.
- A video post increases interaction by 600% on Facebook.
- 90% of Facebook users post native videos.
- 85% of videos watched on Facebook are on mute.
- 81% of businesses share videos on Facebook.
- Each month, the typical user averages 12 likes, 5 comments, and 1 share.
- More than 4 billion video views take place on Facebook every day.
- Facebook generates 4 million likes every minute.
- 35 million people update their Facebook statuses every minute.
- There are more than 350 billion photos already uploaded on Facebook.
- Influencer-published videos accounted for about 60% of Facebook video views in the US, while media company videos garnered 30%, followed by brand/aggregators videos at 10%.
- Live video engagement is 26% on Facebook, higher than any other social media platform.
- 26% of U.S. adults preferred Facebook Live as their live-stream shopping platform.
- Facebook Gaming watch hours plunged down to 382 million from the 1.29 billion hours of streaming in the 2021 Q3.
- Facebook videos with captions increase the watch time by 12%.
- As per the latest Facebook statistics, 49.9% of all posts are link posts, making it the most common Facebook content. This is followed by images and videos.
- Status posts show a 0.14% engagement rate which is the highest for any content on Facebook.
- The average engagement rate of Facebook posts is 3.91%.
Facebook Business Stats
- 87.1% of U.S. marketers use Facebook.
- A Facebook Page post’s typical organic reach is 5.2%.
- More than 200 million businesses use Facebook’s applications and free tools.
- 18.3% of American individuals aged 18 and over have used Facebook for business in the last year.
- Over 70% of Facebook users view local business pages at least once every week.
- Customers who engage in Facebook live chat are 53% more likely to make a purchase from a business.
- On average, 36% of Facebook page postings are photos.
- There are 250 million Facebook Shops worldwide.
- 33% of Gen Zers are interested in purchasing digital-only art.
- Facebook shops have more than 1 billion monthly active users.
- 44% of users admit that Facebook influences their shopping decision.
- There are over 80 million business pages on Facebook.
- 15% of Facebook users shop on Facebook.
- More than 160 million businesses use Facebook to interact with their customers.
- 84% of video marketers use Facebook to promote their videos.
- 96% of B2C marketers and 91% of B2B marketers use Facebook.
Facebook Ads Insights
- 2.11 billion individuals are potentially reachable through Facebook advertising.
- Facebook has over 10 million active advertisers as of 2023.
- 34.1% of adults worldwide over the age of 13 see Facebook advertisements.
- 63.7% of Americans over the age of 13 are exposed to Facebook ads.
- On average, Facebook charges $0.97 per click.
- Facebook ad revenue as of Q3 2022 is $82,387 million.
- On average, a Facebook user clicks on 12 ads every month.
- Audiences aged 18-24 spend 75% of their time on Facebook watching video ads.
- 71% of shoppers feel they see relevant video ads on Facebook.
- A Facebook user clicks on an average of 8 ads a month.
- In a survey done among global advertising, marketing, and media agencies, 44% of respondents believed that image ads and short video ads on Facebook were the most successful.
- 43.5% of the ad audience is female, while 56.5% is male.
- Facebook ads have an average CPC of $1.72, an average CTR of 0.9%, and an average conversion rate (CVR) of 9.21%.
- Adding a CTA button boosts the conversion rate by 2.85 times.
- A CTA in the middle of the video has witnessed a higher conversion rate of 16.95%.
Instagram remained adamant about becoming the flagbearer of the creator’s economy in 2022. An exciting and practical move, considering that a significant portion of Gen Z hopes to monetise their interest on Instagram.
The platform continued releasing and enhancing a slew of features at a breakneck speed to help creators thrive. These new features align with Meta’s vision of bringing together an array of features that help brands and businesses collaborate with creators better.
It’s time to understand the Instagram statistics and Improve your Instagram marketing strategies, create engaging posts, and streamline your scheduling using Instagram marketing tools.
Instagram Demographics Stats
- Instagram has over 1.22 billion monthly active users.
- 70% of Instagrammers are under 34 years.
- The 25-34-year-old age group is the largest of the demographics, attributing to 31.7% of the total Instagram population.
- Instagram is used by 25.31 % of the world’s population.
- Daily active users of Instagram stories are 500 million.
- 87% of Instagram users live outside the U.S.
- The highest number of users of Instagram is in India (230.5 million), the U.S. (159.75 million), and Brazil (119.45 million).
- 47.8% of all Instagram users are female, while 52.2% are male.
Instagram Usage Stats
- The number of Instagram users in 2022 marks a 5.79% annual increase from 2021.
- Instagram’s user growth is forecasted to slow slightly to 5.47% in 2023.
- Instagram is the 4th most popular social media in the world in terms of MAUs.
- The monthly active user base of Instagram is equivalent to the population of the EU and North America combined.
- The average time spent on Instagram is 30 minutes.
- Up to 95 million (9.5%) platform users may be bots, costing marketers $1.3 billion.
- Approximately 30.94% of the 4.48 billion internet users worldwide regularly use Instagram.
- Instagram’s DAUs are 69 million more in numbers than the entire population of South America.
- 21% of users log in weekly, and 16% log in less often than that.
- 38% of users log in to the platform multiple times.
- 70% of people watch Instagram stories daily.
- 71.9% of the content on Instagram is photo posts.
- 130 million users tap on shopping posts each month.
- 40% of Instagrammers post stories daily.
Instagram Engagement Stats
- The average engagement rate for photo posts is 0.81%, video posts are 0.61%, and carousel posts are 1.08%.
- The highest Instagram Reels engagement rates are obtained by Instagram accounts with fewer than 5,000 followers, reaching up to 3.79% on average.
- Reels get 22% more interaction on Instagram than standard video posts.
- Instagram has seen an 80% increase in the time users spend watching videos on the platform.
- A total of 4.2 billion likes occur on Instagram each day.
- Longer captions get better engagement.
- On average, 10.7 hashtags are used in Instagram posts.
- Instagram has 58% more engagement per follower than Facebook.
- People are Spending Nearly 30 Minutes every day on Instagram.
- Photos with faces perform almost 40% better than those without faces.
- Videos get 21.2% more engagement compared to images.
- 2 billion people interact with reels every month.
- Instagram users engage more on weekdays, with Wednesday and Thursday showing the most engagement.
- Business accounts with fewer than 10,000 followers have an average engagement rate of 1.11%.
- Business accounts with 10,000-100,000 followers have an engagement rate of 0.93%.
- Users like 4.2 billion posts on Instagram each day.
- 61% of Gen Z TikTok users plan to spend more time on Reels
- Posts with tagged locations get 79% more engagement than those without tags.
Instagram Business Stats
- More than 25 million businesses use Instagram to promote their services and products.
- US-based online stores lead with 86% Instagram accounts, followed by 81% accounts from the U.K. and 75% from Germany-based online stores.
- 90% of accounts follow at least one business on Instagram.
- 62% of users say they are more interested in a brand after seeing it in an Instagram Story.
- 81% of Instagrammers use the platform for researching new products and services.
- 87% of Instagram users say they take action after seeing a product on Instagram.
- On average, major brands post on Instagram 1.5 times every day.
- 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- Over 150 million people use Instagram to communicate directly with a business monthly.
- 68% of weekly Instagram users visit the platform to interact with creators.
- 93% of marketers have already used Instagram to acquire potential new customers.
- 74% of marketers want to reach a new target audience, 69% want to improve brand awareness, and 46% want to increase sales.
- 54% of all influencers on Instagram are nano-influencers, while 33% are micro-influencers.
- 61% of consumers trust influencer recommendations more than brand content (38%).
- Nano-influencers are also on the rise, with the highest engagement rate, at 5%.
- 36% of businesses use stories to promote their products.
- 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- 67% of users watch branded stories.
- 73% of marketers are in favour of Instagram for influencer marketing.
- The average monthly follower growth of business accounts on Instagram is +1.46%.
- There are 500,000 active influencers on Instagram.
Instagram Ads Insights
- Instagram ads have the potential to reach 849.3 million users.
- Instagram marketers spend 69% of their budget on influencer marketing on Instagram.
- Micro-influencers, who generally have 50,000 – 100,000 fans, are used by businesses to advertise their products.
- The U.S. has the highest potential Instagram advertising reach, followed by India and Brazil.
- Instagram Stories ad revenue is expected to increase to 20.03 billion dollars in 2023.
- The highest Instagram advertising audience is from the 25-34 age group.
- Instagram’s advertising audience grew by 20.3%.
- 83% of consumers claim they use Instagram to discover new products or services.
- Instagram’s bogus bot accounts cost marketers an estimated $1.3 billion yearly in the advertising ecosystem.
- With Instagram, the average post will cost you between $100-$2,085.
- Video ads have 3x more engagement than photos.
Over the last year, Pinterest has actively grown more inclusive and creator-friendly. We saw new features for the beauty industry, like expanded search options based on skin tone and hair type.
Shopping on Pinterest also became easy with features like Live Shopping and shoppable Idea Pins. Last year, Pinterest pushed the envelope by adding more personalized shopping features like “Your Shop.”
We can say that Pinterest is not just an important platform for driving website traffic; it is also a platform for branding and e-commerce. Pay attention to these statistics before planning your marketing and SEO strategy by using Pinterest tools.
Pinterest Demographics Stats
- Pinterest has 445 million monthly active users worldwide.
- With 86 million MAUs, the United States has the highest number of Pinterest users.
- The US was followed by Brazil with 27 million users (though they only account for about 8% of the traffic to the website) and Mexico with nearly 18 million users.
- 44% of the website traffic comes from the US.
- Females make up more than 75% of the users on the platform.
- Women between the ages of 25 and 34 account for 29.1% of Pinterest’s global audience.
- Over 16% of Pinterest’s user base are women in the 18 to 24-year age group.
- Compared to Snapchat, TikTok, and Instagram, Pinterest, like Twitter and Reddit, had significantly fewer Gen Z users in 2022.
- 31% of millennials in the UK with a household income of over £100K are on Pinterest
- More than 75% of Pinterest users are from outside the U.S.
Pinterest Usage Stats
- More than 2 billion searches happen on Pinterest each month.
- People watch close to 1 billion videos a day on Pinterest.
- 82% of users use Pinterest on its mobile app.
- Per every Pinterest visit, 5.5 pages were visited, and the average visit duration was almost six minutes.
- 77% of their users on Pinterest are loyal to the brand.
- UK Users Spend Less Than an Hour on Pinterest Per Day.
- 85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.
- The average Pinterest user types in 8 searches per month.
- Pinterest users, in general, spend 29% more while shopping than non-users.
- In Q3, Gen Z users grew double digits year over year, accelerating from Q2.
- 86% of millennials use Pinterest to plan life events.
- 63% of millennials use the platform to search for products and services.
- Over 75 billion pins have been uploaded to Pinterest.
- High-income households are twice as likely to use Pinterest as low-income households.
Pinterest Engagement Stats
- Pinterest trends outperform other internet trends by 21% each month.
- 60% of users log on to “view pictures” on Pinterest.
- Posting is most effective around noon and at night.
- Pinners are 5x more likely to purchase from Try On-enabled Pins than standard Pins.
- Pinterest active users have saved more than 200 billion Pins altogether.
- 98% of users have tried something they’ve seen on Pinterest.
- The average number of pins made by an active female user is 158.
- Dads are 3x more likely to have shared boards than the average male pinner.
- Descriptions that are 100-200 characters in length gain more popularity.
- Pins in the fashion category are most popular on Thursday.
- A Pin including a specific call to action increases engagement by 80%.
- Video views on Pinterest have increased by 200%.
- 78% of Pinterest users say seeing brand content on the platform is useful.
- 55% of people use Pinterest to shop and buy.
- 89% of U.S. pinners use Pinterest for inspiration in their path to purchase.
- 98% of the users have tried something they found on Pinterest.
- Pinterest is most popular with women—especially moms.
- Related Pins account for 40% of engagement on Pinterest.
- More than 56 million pinners actively engage with home content.
- 70% use Pinterest to find accessories, watches, and jewelry.
- 52% use their platform to develop their knowledge of great food and drinks.
- Dads are 3x more likely to have shared boards than the average male pinner.
- 80% of moms use Pinterest.
- Pinterest trends increased to 56%, while the rest of the platforms rose to 38%.
- 600 million visual searches occur via the Pinterest lens every month.
Pinterest Business Stats
- Compared to Facebook, Pinterest sends 33% more traffic to e-commerce websites.
- 55% of people use Pinterest to shop and buy.
- For every $1 spent on Pinterest marketing, sales are generated at a rate of $4.30.
- 61% of Pinners in the UK have gone shopping as a result of seeing branded content.
- 78% of users believe branded content to be helpful.
- Shopping is a top priority for 48% of Pinterest users.
- In Q3 2022, Pinterest generated $685 million in revenue, of which $575 million came from the US & Canada alone.
- Shoppers on Pinterest spend twice as much monthly than social shoppers on other platforms.
- The global Pinterest revenue has increased by 8% y-o-y growth.
- 46% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest
- Interaction with organic Pinterest shopping pins has increased by 44%.
- 87% of people on Pinterest have bought a product because of Pinterest, while 93% use Pinterest to plan a future purchase.
- 76% of pinners save items to purchase later.
- 97% of all searches on Pinterest are unbranded.
- Pins that show a product or service in action are 67% more likely to drive sales.
- 85% of pinners put visuals first when shopping for apparel and furniture.
Pinterest Ads Insights
- 61% of Pinterest users have purchased after seeing a sponsored pin.
- Pinterest’s Ad Revenue Is Expected to Exceed $4 Billion by 2026.
- On Pinterest, advertisers may reach more than 200 million users.
- Compared to other social platforms, Pinterest’s shopping advertisements generate three times as many conversions and a 2X increase in the positive incremental return on ad expense.
- Ads that use “lifestyle” photographs have a 32% greater click-through rate than those that use “stock” product images.
- The highest reach ranking of Pinterest is witnessed in the U.S., followed by Brazil and Mexico.
- The majority of ad audiences on Pinterest are from the age group of 25-34, which constitutes 38.8% of all Pinterest users.
- Quarter-on-quarter change in Pinterest’s advertising reach is +4.4%.
- 78% of users say content from brands is useful, including ads.
Twitter made big news this year with their iconic and viral 3-word tweet during a global social media blackout – “Hello, literally everyone.” Twitter has taken bold steps towards revolutionizing conversations on the internet.
Many of the new features introduced, like Safety mode, misinformation label, Prompts, etc., helped ensure conversations were safer and meaningful for everyone.
Twitter also made monetizing easier for businesses and creators with Super Follows, Ticketed Spaces, Tips, and Twitter Blue.
So while you plan to include these new features in your 2023 marketing plan, keep in mind these statistics below and use Twitter tools to magnify your reach.
Twitter Demographics Stats
- Twitter has 211 million daily active users, while the monthly active users are 330 million.
- 83% of the world’s leaders are on Twitter.
- 79% of users of Twitter are not from the U.S.
- 27.9% of global Twitter users are aged between 18 and 24 years.
- 77.8 million active users are from the U.S., while 58.2 million users are from Japan and 24.5 million active users from India.
- 29.6% of Twitter users are female, and 70.4% are men.
- 7.1% of all people aged 13 and above use Twitter.
- 42% of all Twitter users are college graduates.
- 77% of Twitter users earn more than $75,000+ each year.
Twitter Usage Stats
- 26% of U.S. users check Twitter multiple times in a day.
- 46% of all Twitter users visit the platform daily.
- 25% of users use the app every week, while 71% visit at least weekly.
- The average time spent on Twitter is 3 minutes and 39 seconds.
- 12% of U.S. users rely on Twitter for news.
- The total number of tweets sent per day is 500 million.
- The half-life of a tweet is 24 minutes.
- The daily limit is 2400 tweets and 1000 messages per day.
- 9281 tweets are sent in one second.
- There are 200 billion tweets per year.
- 80% of the active users access Twitter via smartphones.
- Twitter’s total website traffic is 3 times the actual active user base.
Twitter Engagement Stats
- 79% of marketers have continued leveraging Twitter Spaces.
- The average number of hashtags used each day on Twitter is 125 million.
- Tweets with hashtags have witnessed engagement by 100% for individuals and 50% for brands.
- Using 1-2 hashtags can get you 21% more engagement.
- Tweets with more than 2 hashtags might have 17% lesser engagement.
- Hashtagged tweets have a 55% more chance of being retweeted.
- A user on Twitter has an average of 707 followers.
- 391 million followers have no followers at all.
- The top 10% of tweeters contribute 92% of tweets in the U.S.
- Twitter’s timeline generates +31% higher emotional connection and +28% higher levels of memorability versus the social media average.
- “Face with Tears of Joy” is used 14.5 billion times, making it the most used emoji on Twitter.
- Tweets with a GIF gain 55% more engagement than those without.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter daily.
Twitter Business Stats
- 67% of B2B businesses use Twitter as their marketing tool.
- 85% of SMB users on Twitter say providing customer service is important.
- 53% of Twitter users are likely to be the first purchasers of new products.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- 50% of consumers use Twitter, while 36% follow brands on Twitter.
- 40% of the users admitted purchasing something they saw on Twitter.
- 92% of companies tweet more than once a day.
- 93% of brand followers on Twitter plan to buy from them.
- 69% of brand followers on Twitter have already purchased from them.
Twitter Ads Insights
- 436 million people can be reached with adverts on Twitter.
- Ads with no hashtag received 23% more engagement.
- Marketers on Twitter can reach 7.1% of the 13+ age group population with adverts.
- 29.6% of ad audiences are female, and 70.4% are male.
- The highest reach ranking of Twitter ads is witnessed in the U.S., followed by Japan.
- The majority of ad audiences on Twitter are males from the age group of 25-34 and females from the 18-24 age group.
- The advertising revenue of Twitter grew 87% year on year.
- Everyday revenue from location-based targeting campaigns increased by 7 times.
- Advertisers saw a rise of 89% in video completion rates.
- Total ad engagement increased by 32% year on year.
- Around 164 million ads are shown on Twitter daily.
Twitter Top Brands
- CNN Breaking News’s Twitter profile has 61.8 million followers.
- CNN’s Twitter profile has 55.7 million followers.
- The New York Times’s Twitter profile has 51.2 million followers.
- Nasa has 50.7 million followers on Twitter.
- BBC Breaking News has 48.6 million followers on Twitter.
Twitter provides immense possibilities for brands and individuals to communicate with their audience quickly. You need to schedule engaging tweets at the right time, monitor brand mentions, respond quickly, reach out to influencers, and collaborate with other brands for cross-promotion, analysis, and much more.
With so much to do, it becomes essential to manage it effectively using Twitter tools like Socialpilot, MeetEdgar, Keyhole, etc.
LinkedIn said hello to Stories, Live streaming videos, and Video Meetings. For recruiters and job seekers, LinkedIn’s profile frames helped their search for candidates and jobs.
Another cool feature is the name pronunciation, which allows users to record and add the correct pronunciation of their names to their profiles.
LinkedIn is far from just a platform for job seekers. It has grown into a platform to share world-changing thoughts and ideas for businesses, brands, and professionals alike.
Craft your marketing strategies taking insights from the below statistics and leverage LinkedIn tools to leave an impact.
LinkedIn Demographics Stats
- The population of LinkedIn is more than 800 million from 200 countries.
- There are 180 million users from the U.S. on LinkedIn.
- There are 56.6% of male users and 43.4% female users on LinkedIn.
- After the U.S., India(81 million), China(54 million), and Brazil(51 million) have the highest number of LinkedIn users.
- There are 180 million senior-level influencers.
- LinkedIn has 65 million decision-makers and 10 million C-level executives.
- Almost 60% of LinkedIn users are in the age group of 25-34.
- 60% of the U.S. LinkedIn users earn $100,000/year.
LinkedIn Usage Stats
- 3 professionals join LinkedIn every second, with 172800 new users every single day.
- 57% of LinkedIn traffic is from mobile devices.
- LinkedIn receives 1.17+ billion visits worldwide.
- 55 job applications are submitted per second on LinkedIn. with 55 job applications submitted per second.
- 91% of executives rate LinkedIn as their first choice for professionally relevant content.
- 280 billion feed updates are viewed annually on LinkedIn.
- There are 9 billion content impressions in LinkedIn feeds every week.
- 2 million posts, articles, and videos are published on LinkedIn every day.
- 3 million users post on LinkedIn every week.
- 4 in every 10 millionaires are active LinkedIn users.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
- About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level).
- 39% of LinkedIn users never share content, while 16% of the profiles actively share multiple posts every week.
- On average, users spend 7 minutes 12 seconds on LinkedIn.
- The average visit duration on LinkedIn is 8.52 minutes.
- Users visit an average of 6.4 pages on LinkedIn before leaving.
- LinkedIn Live streams witnessed a 437% year-on-year increase in views.
- 2% of LinkedIn users haven’t yet joined any group on LinkedIn.
- 36K skills are listed on LinkedIn.
- 39% of users are LinkedIn premium account holders.
LinkedIn Engagement Stats
- 22.04% of LinkedIn traffic comes from search alone.
- 99.63% of LinkedIn search traffic comes from organic search.
- LinkedIn Pages with complete information get 30% more weekly views compared to others.
- Each week, 45 million people look for a job on LinkedIn.
- More than 14 million open jobs are posted on LinkedIn Jobs.
- 200+ million jobs are submitted on LinkedIn each month.
- 4 people get hired on LinkedIn each minute.
- There is a 50% rise in engagement year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Companies posting weekly see an engagement rise by 2x on LinkedIn.
- 98% of marketers on LinkedIn agree that personalization helps advance customer relationships.
- According to LinkedIn, companies that post 20 times per month reach at least 60% of their unique audience.
- Including the links in a post can drive twice the engagement than a post without it on LinkedIn.
- Images on average result in a 98% higher comment rate than without on LinkedIn.
- Links to Youtube videos play directly in the LinkedIn feed and typically give a 75% higher share rate.
- Linkedin accounts with completed and updated information gain 40 times more opportunities.
- Long-form content gets the most shares on LinkedIn, so aiming for between 1700-2100 words should give your content a boost.
- LinkedIn articles with 8 images and 5,7, or 9 headlines are best for engagements.
- Messages sent have increased 35% year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Weekly LinkedIn members who engage heavily with content are 5x more likely to return daily.
- Listing 5 or more skills on your LinkedIn profile can lead to up to 17x more views.
LinkedIn Business Stats
- More than 57 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- 46% of social media traffic to the company’s website comes from LinkedIn.
- 45% of marketers have gained customers through LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen Forms on LinkedIn can increase conversions by 3x.
- 89% of B2B marketers rely on LinkedIn for lead generation.
- 62% of B2B marketers generate leads on LinkedIn successfully, over double the next-highest social channel.
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn users drive business decisions.
- 52% of buyers list LinkedIn as the most influential channel during their research process.
- InMail has a 300% higher response rate than email, with a 10-25% hit rate on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is generating revenue for 38% of B2B marketers.
- 80% of B2B leads coming from social media are from LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to help drive their content marketing strategy.
- 92% of B2B marketers have LinkedIn included in their digital marketing mix.
- 15% of Linkedin users are senior-level influencers.
- As per Linkedin, an average of 10 content pieces are considered before making a purchasing decision.
LinkedIn Ads Insights
- 790.4 million people can be reached with adverts on LinkedIn.
- An ad on LinkedIn can reach 14.3% of the world’s population over 18 years of age.
- Quarter-on-quarter change of LinkedIn’s advertising reach is +2.9%.
- 43.4% of ad audiences are female, and 56.6% are male.
- Sponsored InMail has an opening rate of 52% on LinkedIn.
- The U.S. offers the largest group of LinkedIn advertising audiences with a reach of 170 million users.
- LinkedIn Message Ads have a 40% conversion rate.
- 65% of B2B companies have generated a customer through LinkedIn paid ads.
- The cost per lead is 28% lower than on Google AdWords on LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen forms on LinkedIn have reduced the cost per lead for 90% of B2B marketers.
- LinkedIn has reported that its “matched audience” targeting feature procured a 32% increase in post-click conversion rates and a 30% boost in CTR.
- 58% of B2B advertisers like the ROI of LinkedIn ads.
- The average conversion rate of video ads on LinkedIn for the U.S. is 6.1%, more than any other contemporary platform.
LinkedIn Top Brands
- Google has 23.3 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Amazon has 23.2 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Ted Conferences has 22.3 million followers on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 20.3 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Microsoft has 15.9 million followers on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is undoubtedly the preferred network for professionals around the globe, and with two professionals joining this network every second, it will witness tremendous usage.
To leverage this network effectively, you should publish about your brand, offers, company culture, and new product announcements regularly.
Use LinkedIn tools like Socialpilot to create a LinkedIn posting schedule and automate your posting for the right time and day.
Short-form videos are here to stay. For all brands targeting the Gen-Z population, TikTok is still a vital channel for communication. When marketed right, your brand has the potential to go viral on TikTok and influence your audience.
Take a look at some of the user statistics of TikTok before you come up with that next viral trend for your brand.
TikTok Demographics Stats
- TikTok has over a billion monthly active users worldwide.
- TikTok has around 120.8 million active U.S. users.
- 56.1% of TikTok users are female, and 43.9% are male.
- 45% of TikTok users are in the age group of 18-24.
- Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a greater share of TikTok’s audience than any gender aged 35 or more.
- 69% of the U.S. teens use TikTok.
- 63% of Gen Z use TikTok on a daily basis.
- After the U.S., Indonesia (87.5 million), Brazil (72.3 million), and the Russian Federation (48.8 million) account for most users on TikTok.
- 20% of TikTok users earn more than $75,000.
TikTok Usage Stats
- Users spend 52 minutes per day on the app.
- Children between 4-15 years spend 75 minutes on the app.
- The U.S. users alone spend almost 500 minutes monthly on TikTok.
- There are over 100 billion average monthly video views on TikTok.
- Over 34% of TikTokers make videos daily.
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
- 41% of users have uploaded their reactions to other videos on TikTok.
- 87.3% of videos have at least one hashtag.
TikTok Engagement Stats
- The engagement rate of TikTok is 18%.
- 90% of TikTok users open the app multiple times.
- 90% of TikTok users use android.
- 43% of users have taken part in duets.
- The most popular TikTok content categories have over 1 billion views.
- The most viewed content category was entertainment on TikTok, having a whopping 443.3 billion hashtag overall views.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
- 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video.
- 25% of the featured videos are either by celebrities or influencers.
- There are approximately 12 engagements in the form of likes, comments, shares, etc., per 100 views.
- Brands post an average of 3-4 posts weekly.
- 80% of the top videos have music.
TikTok Business Stats
- Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company, is about to hit $400 billion.
- In-app purchases increased by 500% in 2018-19. TikTok also saw an additional jump of 380% in 2020-21.
- TikTok revenue grew by 60% in 2021.
- 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the U.S.
- TikTok influencers with 2.5 million followers charge around $800 per post.
- Influencers on TikTok could expect a flat $500 payout for signing on to the platform plus $25 for each video they upload.
- TikTok lost $500,000 from the Indian ban.
- The ban cost TikTok a loss of 15 million new users.
TikTok Ads Insights
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands expect to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised, and 63% consider themselves brand conscious.
- TikTok offers ad credits of $300 and $2000 for new brands advertising on the platform.
- TikTok recommends an additional $100,000-$200,000 in ad spend within TikTok to promote a hashtag challenge.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- Brand takeover ads cost anywhere between $20,000-$200,000 on TikTok.
- Brands create 3.7% of the content on TikTok.
- 33% of customers respond better when ads refer to them directly on TikTok.
- 50% of ads have emotional messages.
TikTok Top Brands
- TikTok has 59.3 million followers on its own platform.
- Flighthouse, a digital entertainment brand, has 28.1 million followers on TikTok.
- XO Team has 25.3 million followers on TikTok.
- Yolo House has a following of 23.3 million followers on TikTok.
- PSG has 23.2 million followers on TikTok.
Snapchat’s response to Tiktok is Snapchat Spotlight. If your marketing plan does not include Spotlight, it is time to restrategize.
Similar to TikTok and Reels, Spotlight lets you create 60-second videos complete with the trademark filters and lens from Snapchat. This is good news for brands and creators because submitting your snaps to the Spotlight allows you to monetize every view.
If Snapchat is not already a part of your marketing strategy, perhaps these statistics will convince you otherwise.
Snapchat Demographics Stats
- Snapchat has over 538.1 million users.
- There are over 306 million daily active users of Snapchat.
- India has over 116 million active Snapchatters.
- The U.S. population accounts for 106.2 million active users, followed by France(24.1 million) and the United Kingdom(20.1 million).
- Snapchat has 42 million Gen Z users.
- More than 80% of users are in the age group of 13-34.
- 54.4% of Snapchat users are female, and 44.6% of users are male.
Snapchat Usage Stats
- The average snaps created daily were over 5+ billion in 2021.
- The daily snap creation witnessed a growth of 25% year on year.
- On average, Snapchatters spend over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day.
- 76% of Snapchat’s daily active users engage with augmented reality.
- The average time spent on the app is 28 minutes.
- About 2.1 million snaps are created every minute on Snapchat.
- 46% of Americans open the Snapchat app multiple times a day.
- Snapchat scored 72 out of 100 points on a consumer satisfaction scale.
- 200 million Snapchatters use Snap Maps every month to locate their friends.
- Snapchat sees an average of +500M minutes of AR playtime daily.
Snapchat Engagement Stats
- Videos posted on Snapchat reached 18 billion daily views.
- The longest Snapchat streak was recorded to 2089+ snaps.
- 57% of the total content shared on Snapchat is videos.
- 70% of Gen Z in the U.S. has watched the news on Discover content on Snapchat. There is an 80% increase in SportsCenter viewership from last quarter too.
- 50 million Snapchatters watch TV content each month.
- More than 70% of Gen Z watch Snap Originals.
- 60% of Snapchat users create new content on the app every day.
- Snapchat users created more than 1.5 million lenses with Lens Studio to date.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
- Snapchat saw a 50% rise in video calls.
- 100 million+ Snapchatters play snap games.
- Snapchatters are spending 25% more time than usual playing with lenses.
- Snapchat confirms increased engagement on ads, with a 36% increase in install volume for app ads and a 19% increase in swipe-up rate overall.
Snapchat Business Stats
- Snapchat increased its revenue by 57% year on year in Q3, 2021.
- The average revenue per Snapchat user is $1.91.
- 32.7% of U.S. marketers are on Snapchat.
- 64% of businesses are on Snapchat.
- 34% of teenagers consider Snapchat as their preferred app in the U.S.
- The direct spending of millennials and Gen Z through Snapchat is around $1 trillion.
- 76% of Snapchatters make their purchases online every holiday season.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- Snapchatters are 20% more likely to make purchases on mobile.
- Snapchatters use apps to make purchases at least once a month.
- 4 out of 10 Snapchatters said they discovered a brand via celebrity endorsements.
- More than 1 out of 5 Snapchat users bought a product they discovered on Snapchat.
- 35% of Snapchatters send snaps about products they’re interested in buying.
- Geofilter shared to a national audience can reach 40-60% of the daily Snapchat users.
- 80% of users use Snapchat at a restaurant, 66% while shopping, and 50% use Snapchat at the gym.
Snapchat Ads Insights
- Marketers on Snapchat can reach 8.8% of the 13+ age group population with adverts.
- 54.4% of ad audiences are female, and 44.6% are male.
- Quarter-on-quarter change of Snapchat’s advertising reach is +4.7%.
- Snapchat global advertising revenue is predicted to reach $2.62 billion.
- 64% of Snap Ads are viewed with sound on.
- 55% of Gen Z have an ad recall after watching 0 to 2 seconds of a Snapchat ad.
- Snapchat ads were seen to capture 2x the attention of users compared to Facebook.
- Snapchat Sponsored Lenses are predicted to reach 16 million daily viewers.
- Snapchat Discover Ads start at $50,000 daily.
- Sponsored lenses on Snapchat cost from $600,000 to $750,000 per day.
- Snapchat Ads are available for $3000 per month.
- Users engage with Snapchat ads at an average time of 30 seconds.
- 57% of all brand posts are video ads.
Snapchat Top Brands
- Boombit witnessed a 2.8x increase in installs after scaling the Snap SKAN campaign.
- L’Oreal Paris Mascara witnessed a 9pt lift in recommendation intent among Gen Z females.
- Walmart observed a 7pt lift in brand awareness and a 9pt lift in the brand association.
- RBX achieves a 9X return on advertising spend on men’s sneakers.
- Hershey had 1 million earned impressions and a 29pt lift in ad awareness of their multi-product campaign on Snapchat.
Whether you are heading a small or medium business, a part of the social media team of a company, or a marketer looking to build an electrifying social media presence, these marketing insights will help you understand the changing dynamics of major social media platforms.
Don’t just post but also keep a keen eye on the analytics and run campaigns like a pro. Manage it all in one go with SocialPilot. Take its free 14-day trial and watch the game unfurl.
The post 430+ Social Media Statistics You Must Know in 2023 appeared first on SocialPilot.
Leave a Reply