Email is still the best channel to increase business profitability and improve brand reputation. It can increase brand recall and help you stay ahead of your competition. This does not mean that it is a magical wand for your company. It is important to think clearly and make emails that are engaging and offer attractive offers.
Email newsletters are a great way to keep your subscribers engaged and educated. The newsletter can inform subscribers about the latest news and product launches. You can also include topics that you have created. These newsletters can also be sent at a predetermined time, such as weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
The Essential Features of an Effective Newsletter
A newsletter that is effective should be unique and provide value to its readers. Every day, your subscribers receive a multitude of newsletters. It is important to think outside the box when creating email newsletters.
These are some helpful tips to help you create a great newsletter.
- Avoid using sales language. Avoid using sales language. It doesn’t matter if the newsletter is about a product release. Instead of asking users to buy, speak about how they will benefit.
- Don’t make the newsletter too long. It should be concise, informative, and devoid of technical jargon.
- Your marketing emails and newsletters should be kept in separate email marketing buckets. Subscribers can opt out of receiving these messages or change their preferences.
Definition of a Curated Newsletter
Curate is a dictionary definition of organize or present professional knowledge or expertise. A curated newsletter is an email communication that contains informative content or news that will benefit readers.
If the newsletter is a compilation of top blogs for the quarter, it will also include a short summary.
Email Uplers has provided an example of the same.
Benefits of Curated Newsletters
As discussed below, curated newsletters can have a variety of perquisites.
- It will influence your subscribers and make them buy from you.
- It is possible to build thought leadership around a topic, and become a subject matter expert.
- A newsletter about product launches can be a great way to grab attention and increase conversions for your company.
- You can send them current trends and informative resources, and they will keep your subscribers informed.
- The World Wide Web is full of too many content. A newsletter curated by experts selects the best and helps users decide what to read and how to consume them.
A Guide for Creating a Curated Newsletter
This step-by-step guide was created with the assumption that you already have an email list of quality. Sending out newsletters to your subscribers is the first and most important step. These steps will be discussed below.
Choose a topic
You can choose to have the same newsletter topic or plan something completely different each time.
It is dependent on two key factors.
- Target audience
Your target audience will most easily connect with a topic. This newsletter from Email on Acid shares the first episode of their video series and links to the best blogs for email programmers. Their target audience, email developers and marketers professionals, loves the email.
- Domain expertise
Your newsletter should keep your brand top of mind. Email on Acid’s newsletter will accomplish exactly that.
- Gather insightful content for the emails
After you have chosen the subject and theme for your email, you can start to plan the content.
Scoop.it is a tool that allows you to curate content efficiently. This eliminates the need for you to manually read each article and saves time.
- Encourage customers to submit user-generated content
Engaging subscribers with user-generated content such as testimonials, videos reviews, and blog posts can go a long ways in generating interest. These emails are more interesting than boring, salesy content.
Two ways user-generated content works. It increases your email readership and, at the same time it improves conversion rates.
- Use the curated newsletter
You should determine the best time to send out newsletters. This can be done by asking users about their preferences, or using A/B testing. You can create beautiful newsletters with many DIY ESPs. The email can be tested for rendering, and you can then make any necessary adjustments. You can also add visuals to make your newsletter more readable.
- You can monitor the campaign’s performance and adjust accordingly
The key to making your email marketing strategy more efficient is iterations. You should keep track of metrics such as open rate, click through rate, bounce rate and unsubscribers. You can then modify the content of your newsletters to drive better results. You will see an increase in website visits and shares if you include Q1-2022’s best reads.
Include a forward to a friend link in all your curated newsletters. This will increase your email reach and help you in your customer acquisition efforts.
This is how Brafton encourages users to subscribe if they receive the forwarded email.
This is a subtle way to ask your subscribers to “forward the email” to others. It’s a brilliant idea!
Let me close this article by sharing a beautifully curated email newsletter from Content Marketing Institute
It is a smart idea to create an archive page on your website, which contains all the emails you have sent. This will help you with your SEO and increase sales for your company. Your subscribers are humans, after all. If something is followed consistently, it becomes a routine. This is also true for newsletters. It is possible for your subscribers to get used to receiving your newsletters.
What are you waiting? Get started right now.
Scoop.it Blog published the article An Ultimate Guide for Creating a Curated Email Newsletter for Your Business.