Think about how you spend your spare time browsing social media and the internet. Do you use a phone or a computer?
You are likely to have chosen the second option or know of others who will. According to Semrush, 280,000,000 Americans (or 84.2%) use their phones to access the Internet. This is just in the United States. Mobile platforms are a huge part of advertising strategies. You’re missing out on millions of opportunities for brand awareness and revenue growth.
Advertising on a mobile advertising platform is a great idea.
Let’s discuss which mobile advertising platforms are? Which four mobile advertising platforms should you use to help your advertising strategy?
What are Mobile Ad Platforms?
A mobile advertising platform is , a network that allows you to publish digital ads for display on mobile apps and websites . These platforms allow you to choose between cost per impression (CPM), and cost per click (CPC) pricing models.
The Top 4 Mobile Ad Platforms
There are many mobile ad platforms available that allow you to publish on the internet in different formats. These are the top four mobile ad platforms you should try.
1. Facebook Ads Manager
Facebook Ads Manager is more than just an ad manager for Facebook. It also manages Instagram ads. Ads Manager ads are displayed in Facebook and Instagram feeds, and have designs that are similar to the standard posts on each platform.
There are many ad formats that Facebook Ads Manager offers.
- Boosted Post: An Instagram or Facebook post that has been converted into an ad
- Image & Video Ad: A link to your landing pages and a picture or video.
- Carousel A series up to 10 images and videos with links you can swipe to browse
- Stories/IGTV – Advertising content that you can upload on Facebook, Instagram Stories, or Instagram TV (IGTV).
- Shop/Collection Product ads that link directly to your Instagram and Facebook Shop
- Instant Experience: Full-screen Ad Experience with Multiple Images and Links
Facebook’s dynamic creative ads is one of its most distinctive advertising features. These ads test various combinations of copy and images with targeted audiences. The highest performing results are then displayed to those who connect with them.
Here’s how an Ads Manager ad looks on Facebook.
This ad uses carousel format. You can advertise multiple products simultaneously for viewers to swipe through.
Let’s now see how an Instagram carousel advertisement looks.
Carousel ads look a little different on Insta- instead of showing multiple links at once they behave more like multi-image Instagram posts. You can scroll through four carousels items by clicking on the four dots below the image.
2. Google Ads
Google Ads has a name that isn’t quite accurate. The platform manages Google Search results, websites, and apps that use Google’s ad network and YouTube.
The following formats of ads are available on this platform:
- Search: Advertisements that appear above the search results for relevant keywords
- Shopping: Product Ads that viewers can purchase through the Google Shopping Menu that appears at top of similar search results
- Display: Visual advertisements that are displayed on websites and Google platforms
- App: Adverts for your app in the Google Play Store and Google Search.
- Local: Advertisements for your business in your area, which appear on Google Maps and Google Search.
- Discovery: Advertisements shown in YouTube, Google Discover and Gmail feeds
- Video: Video ads that display clickable elements before, during, and after YouTube videos
Google’s greatest advantage is its sheer size. It holds more than 90% of the U.S. mobile search market share and the Google Display Network is used by 90% of all internet users worldwide. Google Ads covers search results as well as Google platforms such Google Maps, Apps, and Websites.
Google Shopping and Search Ads appear at the top when you search for sunglasses on Google.
Google Search ads are a great way to get top real estate for your business – if you know the right keywords.
Twitter Ads is simpler than the other platforms. All ads created through this platform will appear on Twitter only.
These are the formats available for Twitter ads:
- Promoted ads: Promoted Tweets and specially formatted In-feed Ads like carousels, as well as Twitter Moments.
- Follower ads The prompts to follow your account are shown in the Twitter feed section, “Who to Follow” section and in the search results for Twitter
- Amplify Ads: Preroll ads for Twitter videos and sponsored Amplify publisher partnership
- Twitter Takeover – Premium ads appear at the top and bottom of Twitter’s Timeline tabs.
- Twitter Live: Promoted live streams to events such as product launches and watch parties
Twitter had 221 million active users as of the third quarter 2021. Twitter Ads, which are only available through its advertising network, is your best chance to reach this global audience.
Here’s a Twitter Promoted ad with video:
The video ad is very similar to regular Twitter videos except that the link is below it. It is just enough to make the video stand out from other viewers’ timelines without making the viewer feel out of place.
4. Microsoft Ads (Bing AOL Yahoo!
Microsoft Ads manages all ads appearing on Bing, AOL and Yahoo search results. These ads function in the same way as Google Search ads but have different features and ad formats.
Microsoft Ads can be made in the following formats:
- App Installation: Advertisements to install your app. These ads direct users to the appropriate app store (Apple App Store, or Google Play).
- Expanded text: Text ads that appear in search results
- Dynamic search: Expanded Text Ads that target specific search queries based upon your website content
- Bing Smart Search Text ads with landing pages previews, which appear in Bing Smart Search
- Microsoft Audience – Ads on the Microsoft Audience Network – Microsoft’s native ads for websites such as Outlook.com or MSN
- Multimedia Visual ads appearing in the sidebar or top bar of Microsoft partner search results
- Product: Product ads with an image, product title and price
- Responsive Search: Search ads which mix and match titles and descriptions to find the best combination
Although Microsoft Ads is less popular than Google in the search market, it allows you to target people who are less likely Google users. Plus, it is more affordable that Google Ads.
Bing’s Product and Expanded Text ads will appear in the same way as Google’s Shopping and Search Ads when you search for “dark chocolate”.
You can see that Amazon and major brands are the top advertisers. To appear high in search results, your ads must perform well and target the correct keywords.
How to choose the right mobile advertising platform for your business
Let me first say It doesn’t mean you have to use only one mobile advertising platform. It’s better to target ads on multiple platforms, so that you can reach a wider audience. You just learned that each platform shows ads in different places. Therefore, you need to mix and match depending on your audience’s online behaviour.
How can you determine which platforms are most popular with your audience? Navigate to Acquisition > traffic acquisition in your Google Analytics. Next, type “referral” into the search box at the bottom of the page to check for referral sources.
This is where you can try new things. Double the traffic you get from existing platforms. You can also advertise on other platforms if you feel you could reach a new audience.
After selecting your mobile advertising platforms , monitor your ads’ performance . Are you able to calculate the cost per action. You should not spend more money on an advertising platform than you are earning. If you aren’t seeing the best performance despite optimizing your keywords, it might be time to change.
Get the deal done with a mobile-friendly landing page
Your audience’s landing page after clicking your ad is just as important as the ad itself. Your mobile ads direct viewers to a mobile-friendly page that has clear design and copy. A mobile-ready landingpage builder makes it easier to create a mobile-responsive landingpage. Unbounce’s Smart Builder uses responsive grids and templates to do the heavy lifting.
Did you miss our previous article…
Leave a Reply