There are a million ideas out there, but only a few of them end up in startups. Startups, however, require laser-focused attention.
Marketing is the most important aspect of building a startup. Social media marketing companies are the best way for brands to get started in digital marketing.
It’s evident! How will you grow your startup if people don’t know about your existence? How do you find a client?
Marketing is an important step-starter to get your business out there. According to stats, 56.9% startups have dedicated marketing departments. Many also use the services of social media marketing companies.
These numbers prove that social media marketing can lift your startup to new heights if done correctly. There are many new trends that can make your SMM campaign a success.
We will discuss the best ways to market your startup using current trends in the sections that follow. Let’s get started!
What is the importance of social media marketing?
These are the points worth noting without any extra jibber jabber:
- Social media sites are used by 4.48 billion people.
- Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram are the most popular social media platforms that you should use daily.
- 73% of marketers believe that SMM has helped them grow their business.
These random statistics are why we are discussing them out of nowhere. These stats show that social media marketing can help startups increase their sales and revenue. Social media marketing companies can be great at helping new brands do this.
1. Brand Awareness
Social media marketing is crucial for startups because it helps build brand awareness. Global brands often rely on social media channels such as Instagram and Facebook to promote their businesses proactively.
Clinique, for example, uses Facebook ads to launch a new product line in 20 international markets. It achieved a 13-point lift in ad recall as well as a 36 percent lift in add to cart.
44% rely on social media to increase brand awareness. To put it simply, billions of people worldwide access social media channels every day. They are therefore a great place to market your business.
2. Direct communication
Communication is key to any relationship and works best for suppliers and consumers. Social media allows you to let go of the middleman. Brands can now interact directly with customers through social media.
Google is now a major player in social media for service search and product search. 90% customers have used social media to communicate with brands. 63% also expect that brands will provide customer service via these social networks.
Therefore, social media must be used to collect customer feedback and solve customer problems.
3. Low price for high traffic
Startups are often faced with a lack of resources. It is important to plan your marketing strategy carefully and spend your money wisely. Social media marketing is a great option for savvy promotions, even though most media can be expensive.
It is very cost-effective. But, marketing campaigns on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook can be costly. One of the best things about social media is that you can choose your budget. It will still give you decent results, even if it is paid.
Marketing on social media can yield a greater return on investment if you plan and create your content properly. You will attract the most likely customers. Include striking visual content to grab the user’s attention.
These are just a few reasons why social media marketing is so important for startups. If you’re unsure, you can hire a social media marketing agency to assist you.
How to get started with social media marketing
SMM does not mean creating a Facebook ad and then BOOM! You’re at the top. It would be so easy!
Before you can get into the marketing lane, there are many factors that you should carefully consider. These are just a few of the factors that you should consider.
1. ICP (Ideal customer profile).
There are many kinds of users when you log on to a social networking site. Like their distribution categories, they also have different content preferences. They won’t be interested in your startup if you only have one type of content.
It is important to verify various attributes. Once you have a good understanding of the customer’s behavior, you can gain a better understanding:
- What type of content is required?
- Target audience segment
- The exact location
You and others will then be able create a strategy for social marketing.
You will also need to create a list of customers and firms using your ICP. Next, search for common connections between customers to identify key people to target.
2. The core values
Before you start social media marketing, you must be certain about the core values of your campaign. This should contain everything you want from your SMM campaign.
To gather feedback on their products, some companies create Facebook pages. This allows them to understand the market and the demand . It also helps them visualize their goals. They then set their future goals based on what they have learned.
It is important to be clear about what you expect, regardless of whether that’s boosting app downloads, increasing user awareness, or generating leads. This will make it easy to plan your SMM campaigns.
3. Consider customer preferences regarding groups and communities
As we have seen in the ICP section of social media strategy, startups, this factor can be a huge benefit to you, provided that you do your research. It is important to do your research on individual users, foreign communities, and groups that are most likely to convert to customers before you recognize the ICP in your SMM campaign.
These tribes can be found on Facebook groups and LinkedIn communities. You also have the option to search websites such as Growth Hackers and Indie Hacker. These communities are essential for growing your brand because they will be the main hotspots to your business’ success.
You must ensure that the communities are active. Targeting groups with low engagement and infrequent responses will not be of any benefit.
Social media marketing campaigns
Once you have mastered the concept of social networks finding communities and groups, you can now determine which channels to use for outreach.
1. Choose the channel
You have many social media platforms that you can use. You will need to decide on the niche of your startup. If you are an educational startup, for example, you could use Facebook ads or LinkedIn ads.
Statista reports that 29.4% are aged between 13 and 24 years old. Facebook is a great channel for marketing your startup.
LinkedIn is the perfect platform for a startup that is looking to build a network of recruiters. LinkedIn is a professional platform that has over 756 millions users and will help you get quality leads.
Facebook is perfect for all kinds of businesses, with more than 2.70 million users per month. Here are some examples:
- American sportswear manufacturer Under Armour saw a 35% rise in conversion rates and a 2X improvement in return on investment through its Facebook advertising campaign.
- An investing app Invstr saw a 2.8X increase in registrations and 2.5X more app installations.
You will also find many other examples that show the power of social media marketing.
You can use the most recent trends to make your marketing campaign more engaging and interactive.
- AR (Augmented Reality) in Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories, and Snapchat Stories.
- Run direct shoppable ads.
- Hire an influencer with a large following on social media.
- Chatbots can be used to help users with their concerns and issues. This will allow users to voice their concerns and complaints even after normal working hours.
- Use lead magnets such as free webinars, whitepapers, templates and other useful content to build your brand.
2. Focus on organic growth for the brand
SMM is more than just running quality ads on social media. To make people aware about your startup, you need to do more. You must have noticed how many brands communicate with their customers via Facebook posts. The comments allow people to share their problems and the person responding will respond.
It is imperative that you use social media as 80% use it to communicate with the brand. You can also create content such as a blog post, or a video that highlights the issues of your customer and offers solutions. This content can be shared with targeted pages and communities.
This interaction with your target audience will result in organic growth for your startup. It will help you attract quality traffic to your website.
Let’s take, for example, the promotion of a new platform to marketers. Next, you will need to search Facebook communities for keywords such as digital marketing, SEO, social media marketing and B2B marketing.
Next, check to see if the group is still alive. This includes how often they publish, how many comments and likes they have, etc.
Write a post about the topic you are interested in. You should also check the reactions of the community. Important Note: You must answer every comment.
It prevents you from being moderated and boosts engagement.
3. Social media marketing toolkits for startups
Your business will grow over time and you will need to ensure that your social media channels are updated regularly. Working outside your normal time zone can have a negative impact on your health and mind.
This is why you need tools to automate the posting of marketing content on a timely basis.
You can find many tools online that you can use.
- SocialPilot This amazing tool can be used to create Facebook ads, schedule posts on multiple social media channels, analyze campaign results and create Facebook ads for multiple accounts. This tool allows you to reply to messages and comments on Facebook. SocialPilot allows you to collaborate with your team.
- hubspot: hubspot is a customer relationship management software that helps customers maintain a coordinated communication. It features customer interactions, sales records, collaboration, and more. Hubspot is the best tool for B2B communication.
- Lempod According to the general definition of Lempod, it is a chrome extension which helps in increasing LinkedIn engagement. Lempod allows you to find communities and groups on LinkedIn that support your curated content. These groups can be filtered by location filters or industry-based filters. This tool will allow you to encourage likes and comments for your post. The tool will increase the visibility of your campaign.
Social media marketing techniques to strengthen
You now have the knowledge and skills to create and manage a successful SMM campaign. You can combine it with other marketing methods to further strengthen your campaign. These are just a few of the activities you can do with SMM to boost your marketing efforts.
- Retargeting is This phase occurs after you have attracted enough visitors to your website through your regular ads. Retargeting ads have a 10x higher click-through rate (CTR), according to statistics. This is why you should also pay attention to it.
- Email Marketing: This is the process of pitching potential customers with your products or services via email. This can be used in conjunction with your campaign, as the market is expected grow to $9 billion by 2027.
- SEO: SEO is an important part of creating content for your marketing campaigns. The right keywords and phrases can help you rank higher in Google search results. This will make your site easier to find.
Startup social media marketing can be complicated on many levels. Reach might be an issue. Targeting can be difficult. Budgeting with poor results could prove costly.
You can still achieve the desired results with some experimentation and continued effort. Be consistent and social media can be rewarding. If you’re a brand new to social media, there are always great social media marketing companies that can help.
SocialPilot is here to help. SocialPilot is a powerful social media scheduling tool that will help you to be a consistent presence on social media. Get a free trial to experience the best of both worlds!
SocialPilot’s first post, Social Media Marketing for Startups: A Beginner’s Guide, appeared on SocialPilot.