Pinterest is a visual search engine that inspires people. It inspires people to try new things.
The platform is used by millions of people to plan their future purchases. Pinterest users are able to focus exclusively on brand offerings, unlike other social media platforms.
Pinterest’s incredible selling abilities are why it is becoming the home of the next generation creators.
With Pinterest T.V., both selling and shopping on Pinterest are easier than ever. Live shopping, Paid Partnership pins and Shoppable Idea Pinterests make it easier to shop on Pinterest.
Pinterest isn’t just about driving website traffic. Pinterest is becoming a platform for branding, e-commerce and other purposes.
Is the platform right for you? Only the most recent Pinterest statistics will help you make a decision.
Before planning your marketing and SEO strategies on Pinterest, marketers should review the following statistics.
Let’s look at the statistics.
Pinterest Demographics Statistics
Pinterest lost 13 million MAUs in the fourth quarter of 2021. However, Pinterest gained interest and reached 445 millions monthly active users.
It is a hotspot for identifying trend across multiple industries. It is interesting to note that it isn’t just popular in the U.S.
According to Pinterest statistics, 75% of users are not from America. Pinterest’s majority users are females, with more than 75% being women.
These are more Pinterest statistics to help you understand the site better.
Pinterest has 445,000,000 monthly active users around the world.
- The United States is home to the largest number of Pinterest users, with 86 million MAUs.
- Brazil had 27 million users, while Mexico had nearly 18 million.
- 44% of website traffic is from the USA.
- More than 75% of users use the platform are females.
- Pinterest’s global audience is 29.1% comprised of women between 25 and 34 years old.
- Pinterest has over 16% female users aged 18-24 years old.
- In 2022, Pinterest had significantly fewer Gen Z users than Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat.
- 31% of UK millennials with over PS100K household income are on Pinterest
- More than 75% are not from the United States.
Statistics on Pinterest Usage
Pinterest is a wonderful place to discover and create new ideas. Pinterest is a popular place to search for new ideas and create them. Each month, more than 2,000,000 searches are made on Pinterest.
This is a great way for creators and businesses to share their best secrets and hacks with others to create a vibrant and lasting community.
Pinterest is the most popular platform for sharing information. You can bet that video pins will connect you with your audience, as there are close to 1,000,000 video views per month.
Additionally, 82% use Pinterest’s mobile app. Take a look at additional Pinterest statistics to see how the app is used.
Pinterest hosts more than 2 billion searches each month.
- Pinterest is home to close to 1,000,000 videos per day.
- 82% of Pinterest users use its mobile app.
- For every Pinterest visit, 5.5 pages are visited. The average visit time was just over six minutes.
- 77% of Pinterest users are loyal to the brand.
- The average UK user spends less than an hour per day on Pinterest
85% Pinners claim that Pinterest is a great tool for planning new projects.
- Pinterest users average 8 searches per month.
- In general, Pinterest users spend 29% more on shopping than non-users.
- The growth in Gen Z users was double-digits from Q2.
- 86% of millennials use Pinterest for planning life events.
- 63% of millennials use the platform for searching for products or services.
- Pinterest has received over 75 billion pins.
- Pinterest is twice as popular in high-income households as it is in low-income homes.
Pinterest Engagement Statistics
Do not hesitate to add a Pinterest trend in your content strategy. Why? Pinterest trends have a 20% higher monthly growth rate than the rest of the internet.
How can you keep up with these trends? Video pins are the best way to get engagement so make sure you start with them. Pinterest is not just about pinned images or link posts anymore.
Pinterest statistics show that video views have increased 200%, with heavy engagement. Pinterest is used by 55% of users with intent to shop and purchase, which generates direct sales for most marketers.
There are 600 million visual searches per month via Pinterest lens, in addition to regular searches. If a non-following user comes across your product, they will be able to scan it and then purchase the item.
This is so cool!
These are more Pinterest statistics about engagement that will help you to create better promotional strategies.
- Pinterest trends surpass other internet trends by 21% per month
- 60% of Pinterest users log in to view photos.
- Posting is best done at noon and night.
Pinners are five times more likely than regular Pinners to buy from Try-on-enabled pins.
- More than 200 billion pins have been saved by active Pinterest users.
- 98% of Pinterest users have used something they saw on Pinterest.
- An active female user makes an average of 158 pins.
- Fathers are three times more likely than average male pinners to share boards.
- Descriptions with 100-200 characters gain popularity.
- Pins from the fashion category are most in demand on Thursday.
- Engagement is increased by up to 80% when a pin includes a call-to-action.
- Pinterest video views have increased by 200%
- 78% of Pinterest users believe that seeing brand content on the site is helpful.
- 55% of Pinterest users use it to shop and purchase.
- 89% of American pinners use Pinterest to find inspiration on their journey to buy.
- 98% of users have used something they found on Pinterest.
- Pinterest is very popular among women, especially moms.
Similar Pins account for 40% engagement on Pinterest.
- More than 56 millions pinners are actively engaged with home content.
- 70% of people use Pinterest to search for accessories, watches, or jewelry.
- 52% of users use their platform for their knowledge about great food and drink.
- Fathers are three times more likely than average male pinners to share boards.
- 80% of moms use Pintrest.
- Pinterest trends rose to 56% while other platforms saw a rise of 38%.
- Every month, Pinterest lenses are used to make 600 million visual searches.
Pinterest Business Statistics
Marketers who continue to use Pinterest for their business can take heart. The number of interactions with Pinterest shopping pins has increased by 44%.
You will be happy to learn that Pinterest drives 33% more traffic than Facebook to e-commerce websites.
Pinterest can be a great place to start if you’re a less-known brand. 97% of Pinterest searches are not branded. You should also consider different pin types, such as rich pins and product pins.
These Pinterest stats will show you how to use the platform to grow your business.
Pinterest is 33% more popular than Facebook for sending traffic to ecommerce websites.
- Pinterest is used by 55% of people to shop and purchase.
- Sales are generated at a rate $4.30 for every $1 spent on Pinterest Marketing
- 61% of Pinners in Britain have made a purchase after seeing branded content.
- 78% of users consider branded content helpful.
48% of Pinterest users place shopping as their top priority.
- Pinterest had $685 million in revenue for Q3 2022. $575 million of that came from the USA & Canada.
- Pinterest shoppers spend twice as much per month than other social media shoppers.
- Global Pinterest revenues have increased by 8% year-over-year.
- 46% of weekly Pinners discovered a brand or product they liked on Pinterest.
- The 44% increase in interaction with organic Pinterest shopping pins is a sign of increased interest.
- Pinterest is used by 87% of the people who have purchased a product through it. 93% of those using Pinterest use it to plan future purchases.
- 76% of pinners keep items for later purchase.
- 97% of all Pinterest searches are unbranded.
- Sales are 67% more likely when pins show a product in action.
- Pinners place visuals above all else when shopping for furniture and apparel.
Pinterest Ads Insights
It is clear that Pinterest users love to shop through the platform. Pinterest is determined to do the same and keeps introducing ads features to help grow social commerce on the platform.
You can reach millions of people with Pinterest ads. The best part? 78% of Pinterest users agree that branding content, including ads is very relevant to their interests and would continue to search for them in the future.
We recommend pinning approximately 5-6 times per day to maintain a consistent presence on this platform. This will help with branding and reach.
Sponsoring and posting pins on Pinterest will increase your traffic and help you achieve your social selling goals quicker. Here are some additional statistics about ad demographics, performances and Pinterest.
- 61% of Pinterest users purchased after viewing a sponsored pin.
By 2026, Pinterest’s Ad Revenue is Expected To Exceed $4 Billion.
- Advertisers can reach more than 200,000,000 users on Pinterest.
- Pinterest’s shopping ads generate three times more conversions than other social platforms and a 2X improvement in the positive incremental returns on ad expenditure.
- Ads featuring “lifestyle” photos have 32% more click-through rates than ads that feature “stock” images.
- The U.S. is home to Pinterest’s highest reach ranking, followed closely by Brazil and Mexico.
- Most Pinterest users are between 25 and 34 years old.
- The quarterly change in Pinterest’s advertising reach was +4.4%.
- 78% of users agree that content from brands, including ads, is valuable.
Pinterest is primarily visual. It is designed to help people find and save ideas for things that interest them.
Pinterest is now an integral part of every American shopper’s shopping experience. Experts call it “an intersection between social media, search and commerce.”
If you’re a retailer marketer, it is a big mistake to miss this platform.
Why? 7 of 10 Pinterest trends predictions have already been fulfilled.
We understand that the Pinterest statistics discussed in the blog are encouraging. However, marketers will be reluctant to commit to frequent pins as they already have too many other things to do.
SocialPilot is our recommendation. You can plan your Pinterest strategy and build a consistent presence through its Pinterest scheduling capabilities.
You can schedule your posting times and frequency, make edits on the fly with the built-in image editor and the Canva integration and even keep track of performance with analysis.
Get a 14-day free trial to upgrade your Pinterest presence.
SocialPilot’s first post 74+ Pintrest Statistics to Boost Social Selling in 2023 was published on SocialPilot.
Did you miss our previous article…