Blogging seems like a great way to make money. As you learn more about the topic you are passionate about, you can write and monetize content.
To make significant revenue from a blog you must reach a certain level of popularity. This can be challenging considering how much competition you have. You may have trouble if you don’t have much experience in this field. What does it take to start a blog that is popular in this modern age?
The Overall Plan
A popular blog can be thought of as having four phases.
* Create a concept. You must first come up with a business idea that will generate income. Some blog topics or blogs are more popular than others. The more popular a topic is, the larger your audience will be, and the less competition. Niche topics that are highly specific work best for this reason. You’ll be smaller at first, but will have more relevance and less competition so you can grow quicker. You should also choose something that you are passionate about or have an expertise in to be able to cover the topic thoroughly and well.
* Execute the topic. Now you must work on the execution. Blogs that are well-written and organized will be successful. You should provide lots of detail, back up your claims with research, add an original style element, and your voice should be unique. Your blogs should be clear, concise, well-written, and free of errors.
* Increase website visitors. Then, you will want to increase website traffic. It doesn’t matter how great your blog is. If nobody knows about it, it will be difficult to make it popular enough to make it a monetizable business. You can count on many popular strategies, including search engine optimization (SEO), PPC advertising and social media marketing. You can also network and collaborate with other bloggers to promote your products.
* Continue to grow and sustain your audience. You also need to continue reaching new people. Your traffic could stagnate or decline if you sit back and take it easy. You must adapt to your audience’s changing needs.
Your blog concept should be treated as a business plan in the beginning stages. It is important to choose a topic that is both relevant and engaging, but also that can be the basis of a blog that makes a profit.
* Value. * Value. How important is this topic to the general public? Are there people who are loyal to this topic? People would be willing to pay for premium content on this topic. What amount of money would these target audiences be willing to spend?
* Uniqueness. There’s a lot of blogs that cover almost every topic you could think of. You will need to find a way to stand out if your topic is being covered professionally by someone who is knowledgeable about it. Only blogs that have unique features can succeed. You can’t find a topic that hasn’t been done before. Consider reviving an old topic. Can you challenge the norms?
* Knowledge/ability. This topic must also be covered competently. This topic is best if you have previous experience and solid knowledge. If not, you might need to outsource content creation or spend hours studying the subject to get a better understanding. This can be avoided by interviewing experts.
Once you have a plan in place, it should not be difficult to set up a basic blog. It’s easy for even amateurs to create a professional website design thanks to website builders. Writing high-quality content should be your top priority. This means that content should be well researched, clearly written, polished and targeted to your target audience.
It is a good idea to have several posts on your blog before you market it.
Increasing Website traffic
Once you have a blog, you can invest in marketing and advertising to increase website traffic and raise awareness about your blog.
* Search engine optimization (SEO). Search engine optimization (SEO) will be your friend during this process. SEO is about improving your ranking for keywords that are related to your brand. Your SEO strategy will be aided by a well-designed website and excellent content. It is important to work hard to promote your brand and build links to it. Although it takes some time, your domain authority (DA), will eventually increase. This will allow you to rank higher in search engines for the keywords and phrases that you are targeting.
* Marketing via social media. Marketing via social media is affordable and easily accessible. These platforms allow you to pay for advertising, but it is also possible to get involved in local communities. Instead of focusing on posting organically to promote your work, you can opt to spend money on advertising. Your audience will be more likely to follow you if you are engaging them.
* PPC (pay per click) ads. This is a fast and easy way to get traffic. Although they can be costly at times, you only pay for the traffic generated (as the name implies). To get better results, bid for less competitive keywords and increase your quality score.
* Collaborations and many more. It is possible to increase awareness for your blog and grow your readership by collaborating in your field of expertise with other influencers. Ask for the help of well-known influencers or share your original research and ideas to be the center of a collaboration.
The Way to Long-Term Growth
You should now have a solid foundation. Now you know the purpose of your blog. You are a great writer. Even better, you have a growing number of people who are interested in your content. You’ll be focusing on keeping existing readers happy and reaching out to more people.
To get a better understanding of your readers’ needs and to help you keep them coming back, use reader surveys.
Scoop.it Blog published the article How to Create a Popular Blog from Scratch.