It’s shocking to say, but brands haven’t been using Snapchat to its full potential.
Unbelievable, isn’t it?
Snapchat content marketing is different than other platforms.
You can enjoy higher engagement rates by creating unique content for your followers. Give them a glimpse of your unpolished version if you wish to.
How would you accomplish that?
You can share personal content and weave stories with snaps by sharing it! Snapchat allows you to add text, stickers, and format style. You can continue to experiment with your Snapchat campaigns.
Snapchat’s response on TikTok, Snapchat Spotlight program, is another remarkable thing to notice. Spotlight is a great way to rethink your marketing strategy. Spotlight, similar to Reels and TikTok, allows you to create 60-second videos with Snapchat’s trademark filters and lens.
This is great news for creators and brands, as you can monetize every view by submitting your photos to the Spotlight.
These Snapchat statistics might convince you that Snapchat isn’t part of your marketing strategy.
Snapchat Demographics Statistics
Snapchat is one the most used social media platforms, with over 500 million users. India has more than 116 million users. France, the U.S. and the U.K have the next highest number. It has 42 million Gen Z users. More than 80% of them are 18-34 years old!
Interesting, right? Here are more Snapchat demographic statistics.
- Snapchat has more than 538 million users according to Statista.
- Snapchat has over 306 Million daily active users.
- India boasts more than 116 million active Snapchatters.
- The U.S. has 106.2 million active users. France (24.1 million) and Great Britain (20.1 million) are close behind.
- Snapchat has 42 million Gen Z Users
More users than 80% are between 13 and 34 years old.
- Snapchat users make up 54.4% and 44.6%, respectively.
Snapchat Usage Statistics
Snapchat is used by millions every day. Snapchat sees more than 5 billion snaps per day, which is an increase of 25% year-on-year. Snapchatters engage with AR every day at 76%. Make sure to include AR filters in your campaigns. Snap Maps are used by around 200 million Snapchatters each month to locate their friends. These are some exciting Snapchat statistics about user behavior.
- Over 5+ billion snaps were taken each day.
- Annual growth in daily snap creation was 25%
Snapchatters spend an average of 30 minutes per day on Snapchat.
- Snapchat users who use augmented reality daily make up 76% of their daily active users.
- It takes on average 28 minutes to use the app.
Snapchat creates approximately 2.1 million snaps every minute.
- 46% of Americans use Snapchat multiple times per day.
- Snapchat received 72 points out of 100 on a scale that measures consumer satisfaction.
- Snap Maps are used by 200 million Snapchatters every month to find their friends.
- Snapchat averages +500M minutes AR playtime per day.
Snapchat Engagement Statistics
Snapchat is not full of fluff and flimsy noise. Snapchat users can choose what they want to view and who they wish to interact with. It is no wonder that engagement rates are at 80%.
These are just some of the many benefits that video can bring to these content formats. Also, 60% Snapchat users create new content every day.
Swipe links can be used to invite more interaction. According to Snapchat stats, the swipe up rate is 5x greater than other social media click-throughs.
Take a look at Snapchat stats about engagement to see what type of interaction you can expect on the platform.
Snapchat has a 80% engagement rate.
- Snapchat videos reached 18 billion views per day.
- The longest Snapchat streak reached 2089+ snaps.
- Videos account for 57% of Snapchat’s total content.
- 70% of Gen Z have watched Snapchat’s Discover content news videos. The SportsCenter viewership has increased by 80% since the last quarter.
50 Million Snapchatters view TV content every month.
- Snap Originals are viewed by more than 70% of Gen Z.
- Snapchat users make new content every day for 60%.
- Snapchat users have created over 1.5 million lenses using Lens Studio.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rates are 5x higher that normal click-through rates on social media.
- Snapchat recorded a 50% increase in video calls.
- Snap games are played by 100 million+ Snapchatters
- Snapchatters spend 25% more time with lenses than normal.
- Snapchat has confirmed increased engagement with ads. There was a 36% rise in app ads install volume and a 19% overall increase in swipe-up rates.
Snapchat Business Statistics
Snapchat has generated more than $1.5 billion in revenue, and more than 60% of businesses are using it.
The platform’s Gen Z-centric user base is another reason it has attracted business growth over time.
Snapchat is the number one platform for Gen Z and millennials to spend directly on their phones. Insane, isn’t it? Here are some statistics about the most popular business Snapchats.
- Snapchat has surpassed $1 billion in revenue.
- Snapchat users make an average of $1.91 per month in revenue
- 32.7% U.S. marketers use Snapchat.
64% businesses use Snapchat.
- Snapchat is the preferred app of 34% teenagers in the U.S.
- Snapchat has a direct spending power of $1 trillion for millennials and Gen Z.
- Snapchatters spend 76% of their holiday shopping online.
Snapchat users are 60% less likely to impulse buy.
- Snapchatters are 20% more likely than others to purchase on their mobile devices.
- Snapchatters make at least one purchase per month using apps.
4 of 10 Snapchatters claimed they found a brand through celebrity endorsements.
- Snapchat users are more than one in five to have purchased a product that they found on Snapchat.
- Snapchatters send 35% of snaps about products that they are interested in purchasing.
- Geofilter can be shared to a national audience and reach between 40-60% of daily Snapchat users.
- Snapchat is used by 80% of Snapchat users in restaurants, 66% when shopping, and 50% at the gym.
Snapchat Ads Insights
Over 57% of video ads are posted by businesses on the platform. Did you know that snap ads can be viewed with sound turned on, which is a major advantage over Facebook? If you’re creating video content for Snapchat, make sure to include some beats that your viewers will remember.
Why is Snapchat advertising so beneficial? Snapchat allows marketers to reach 8.8% of the global 13+ population. Take a look at the Snapchat stats about ads.
- According to Data Reportal, Snapchat advertisers can reach 8.8% the population aged 13+ with their ads.
54.4% are women and 44.6% men.
- Quarter-on-quarter, Snapchat’s advertising reach has increased by +4.7%
- Snapchat’s global advertising revenues are expected to exceed $2.62 Billion.
- 64% of Snap Ads can be viewed with sound.
- After watching between 0 and 2 seconds of a Snapchat advertisement, 55% of Gen Z are able to recall an ad.
- Snapchat ads captured 2x more attention than Facebook ads.
Snapchat Sponsored Lenses will reach 16,000,000 daily viewers
- Snapchat Discover Ads Start at $50,000 Daily
- Snapchat sponsored lenses cost between $600,000 and $750,000 per day.
- Snapchat Ads can be purchased for $3000 per Month.
Snapchat ads are viewed by users on average every 30 seconds.
- 57% of brand posts include video ads.
Snapchat Top Brands
Snapchat does not have a public display metric that measures likes and followers. How can you tell if your brand is performing well in the marketplace?
These top brands’ Snapchat statistics can help you determine your key performance indicators. These statistics can be used to help you understand and assess the ROI of your Snapchat efforts.
- Boombit saw a 2.8x increase of installs after scaling Snap SKAN.
- L’Oreal Paris Mascara saw a 9pt increase in recommendation intent among Gen Z women.
- Walmart saw a 7pt increase in brand awareness and 9pt in brand association.
- RBX sees a 9X return for advertising on sneakers for men.
- Hershey received 1 million impressions and saw a 29 percent increase in advertising awareness for their multi-product Snapchat campaign.
It’s time for you to reconsider and try Snapchat. To do this, first convert your Snapchat account to a Snapchat company account.
Once you have everything in place, you can choose audience preferences and target those who are most likely to convert. Even lookalike audiences are available, which are Snapchatters who have similar brands to yours.
Automate your social media marketing activities while you’re trying out Snapchat. SocialPilot allows you to plan your schedule in advance and offers scheduling options. You can also analyze your performance across more than eight platforms.
Get a 14-day free trial to improve your social marketing.
SocialPilot’s first post, 60+ Snapchat Statistics to Scale Your Business in 2022, appeared first on SocialPilot.