TikTok doesn’t need to prove its superiority anymore.
TikTok was a fierce competitor in the industry, breaking records and attracting billions of users.
It also became a popular trend: short-form videos.
TikTok remains a crucial channel for brands targeting Gen-Z consumers. If your brand is well-marketed, TikTok can make your brand viral and help you influence your audience.
TikTok offers brands the opportunity to engage with customers and create new collaboration opportunities.
Before you create the next viral trend for yourself brand, take a look at some TikTok statistics.
TikTok Demographics Statistics
TikTok’s popularity has led to tremendous success and amazing demographic growth.
TikTok still has more than a billion active monthly users, despite the ban. This social media app is used by more than 60% of Gen Z users daily. Nearly 69% of U.S teens use TikTok.
TikTok’s audience is greater than any other gender, with a higher percentage of females between 18-24 and 35. These are more TikTok demographic statistics.
- According to the most recent statistics, TikTok boasts more than a billion active users each month around the world.
- TikTok currently has 120.8 million U.S. users.
- 56.1% of TikTok users identify as females, while 43.9% identify as males.
- The age group of 18-24 is where 45% of TikTok users live.
- TikTok’s audience is greater than any other gender, except for those aged between 18-24 and 35.
- 69% of U.S. teens use TikTok.
63% use TikTok every day.
- The majority of TikTok users are from the United States, Brazil (72.3 million), and Indonesia (87.5 million).
- TikTok users make more than $75,000. 20% of them are TikTok users.
TikTok Usage Statistics
People of all ages love TikTok. TikTok users spend on average 75 minutes per day, while those aged 4-15 years use the app for an average of almost an hour.
TikTok’s content strategy is based on videos. More than 100 million videos are viewed each month. To increase reach and engagement, each video has a hashtag.
According to key TikTok statistics, 87.3% have at least one hashtag. To get an idea of user interaction, check out some TikTok statistics.
App users spend 52 minutes per days on the app.
- The app is used by children aged 4-15 years for 75 minutes.
- Only 500 minutes per month are spent by TikTok users in the United States.
- TikTok receives over 100 billion video views per month.
- More than 34% of TikTokers take photos every day.
- 90% of TikTok users use the app every day.
68% TikTok users view someone else’s TikTok video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload videos.
- 41% of TikTok users have posted their reactions to other videos.
- 87.3% have at least one hashtag.
TikTok Engagement Statistics
TikTok introduced features that make it easy for brands to create excitement and engagement. Over 1 billion people have viewed the most popular TikTok content categories. It is important to note that TikTok users love celebrities and influencers. 25 percent of featured videos are by celebrities, or influencers. This makes TikTok marketers more inclined to invest in influencer marketing.
Did you know that for every 100 views, there are 12 engagements in form of shares, likes, comments and so on? To maximize the engagement benefits of TikTok, learn more about these statistics.
- TikTok’s engagement rate is 18%
- 90% of TikTok app users use the app more than once.
- 90% of TikTok users are Android users.
- 43% of users took part in duets.
- Over 1 billion people have viewed the most popular TikTok content categories.
- Entertainment on TikTok was the most popular content category, with a staggering 443.3 billion hashtag views.
- 63% of TikTok users are engaged and claim that they have enjoyed a video within the past month.
- 54% of TikTok users engaged claim to have commented on another’s video.
- 25% of featured videos were created by celebrities or influential people.
- Each 100 views has approximately 12 engagements. These can be in the form comments, likes, shares, etc.
- Brands publish on average 3-4 posts per week.
- Music is a major component of 80% of top videos.
Interesting read: TikTok Live to Increase Engagement With Your Followers
TikTok Business Statistics
TikTok has provided enough business opportunities for both individuals and brands. Bytedance has surpassed $400 billion in revenue and is on track to surpass that figure. These are some eye-opening TikTok statistics about Bytedance’s impact on businesses.
Bytedance is TikTok’s parent company and will soon surpass $400 billion.
- According to TikTok statistics for 2018-19, in-app purchases increased 500%. TikTok saw an additional 380% jump in 2020-21.
- TikTok revenues grew by 60% between 2021 and 2021
- 42% of TikTok’s revenue comes now from the U.S.
- TikTok influencers who have 2.5 million followers charge $800 per post
- TikTok’s platform offers a flat $500 payment to its users, plus $25 per video uploaded.
- TikTok lost $500,000 due to the Indian ban.
- TikTok lost 15 million users due to the ban
TikTok Ads Insights
Most brands have opted for TikTok ads because of the fact that they can go viral in a matter of minutes. For a brand takeover, businesses are willing to pay $50,000 per Day and guarantee 5,000,000 impressions on TikTok. Why?
61% of TikTokers stated that they buy more from brands they see on the platform. Take a look at these TikTok stats for more information on how to effectively strategize your ads.
- TikTok’s In-feed Ads can be purchased by brands for $10 per impression and a minimum campaign spend of $6,000
- Brands will pay $50,000 per Day for a brand-takeover, with 5,000,000 impressions on TikTok.
- 61% of TikTokers stated that they buy from brands they see in advertisements, while 63% consider themselves brand conscious .
- TikTok now offers $300 and $2000 ad credits for new brands advertising on its platform.
- TikTok recommends additional $100,000 to $200,000 in ad spendingwithin TikTok for promoting a hashtag challenge.
- Brands spend $100,000+ on TikTok for challenges with hashtags
- TikTok can charge brands up to $20,000 for brand takeover ads.
- 3.7% of TikTok content is created by brands
- 33% of customers respond more well to ads that are directly sent to them on TikTok.
- 50% of ad messages are emotional.
TikTok Top Brands
TikTok has already attracted millions of followers for brands. Follow them to learn more about the content marketing strategies they use to promote their brands.
You can learn from them how often they post and which hashtags they use to help you create a powerful regime for your company. These are the top brands that have TikTok statistics for their followers.
- TikTok boasts 59.3 Million followers on its own platform.
- Flighthouse, a digital entertainment brand has 28.1 millions followers on TikTok.
- XO Team has 25.3 Million followers on TikTok
- Yolo House has 23.3 million followers on TikTok.
- TikTok has 23.2 Million followers for PSG
Interesting read: What TikTok Shopping means for growing social commerce
Instagram took six years to reach a billion monthly users, whereas TikTok only took three. Facebook took more than four years to reach the same number of monthly active users.
It’s no surprise that marketers are appearing on TikTok.
It is also the home of exciting social media trends for young people. The app’s retentive content keeps users engaged for longer periods of time and allows them to spend on average 52 minutes per day using it.
The quick video format of TikTok is not only for lip-syncing and dance challenges, but it also has other uses. TikTok creators use social media to discuss difficult topics, advocate change, and educate their audience on different niches.
You have just added another app to your social media app list. It is now time to manage it all.
SocialPilot is a great tool that allows you to manage all aspects of your social media marketing. SocialPilot allows you to create, schedule, analyze and download reports about your social media performance across more than eight social media platforms.
Try it for 14 days free and see for yourself.
SocialPilot’s first article, 50+ TikTok Statistics to Help You Boost Your Brand in 2022, appeared first on SocialPilot.
Leave a Reply