Content marketers spend a lot of time curation and brainstorming new topics for their social media channels and blogs. You have a good idea of how much competition you are facing with more than three billion blogs published each day.
The perfect content curation strategy is what could save you. It allows you to gather, select and share relevant content across multiple channels.
Let’s continue the conversation and learn more about content curation.
Everything You Need to Know about Content Curation
The art of combining relevant information from existing content to increase your digital reach is called content curation. This can be a blog post that you think your audience will find interesting, expert opinions or points of view, or even an image.
For perspective, over 85% of B2B marketers attribute content curation to creating a content strategy that works. The buck doesn’t stop there. If done right, content curation can help you:
- Retain an existing audience
- Reach new clients by building a loyal following base
- Increase engagement on your website and social media accounts
- Your SEO strategy will be more popular
- Digital marketing can help you boost your company’s image
- Establish trusting relationships and build lasting friendships
These points are important in making content curation an integral part of your digital marketing strategy. However, you should also understand a few things before you start to explore the waters. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Why is Content Curation Important?
Curating content can help you find the best content. This saves you the time and effort of creating new content to maintain engagement. It increases your digital credibility by providing valuable information and continuous engagement.
These are some other important points to keep in mind when formulating your content marketing strategy.
- Regular posting is key to keeping momentum. It fills in gaps in the content calendar, and allows you to post more frequently.
- Creating valuable content. Customers who engage with your content are the best way to grow a business. You can provide information that resonates with your customers through curation.
- You are an information referrer. People enjoy and look forward to what you have to say.
- Your network. You can share content from other websites to make connections with people who have similar interests. This will help you grow and expand your professional network.
Now that you are clear about content curation and how it can help you to improve your brand image, let us explore some ways you can use content curation for your own benefit.
Five Ways Content Curation can be Effective
Content curation is a great way to get the most out of social media, from finding giveaway ideas that can be used to generate engagement to creating well-thought-out posts with lots of information.
Relevant content is key to driving traffic to your audience. To do this, you need to have these three elements in perfect order.
- You need to know what kind of audience you are dealing with
- What kind of content do you want?
- You decide the amount and purpose of engagement you wish to create
These questions will help you to create a content curation strategy that is effective. Let’s learn more.
- Curate Content From Influencers
Two ways to reap the benefits of curating content from influencers:
- Through quality link building, you can give credibility to your content
- Networking with influencers is key to success
It also helps you to identify topics people are most interested in discussing. These are some things that you can do to help you further explore this topic.
- Make a list and follow the top influencers in your field.
- Identify the content they are posting and their methods of posting it. Follow their lead.
- You should post religiously and frequently from accounts that you believe are gaining traction.
- Always credit and tag them. If possible, you can also share your views on their posts.
- To be on their radar, comment and reach out frequently.
- Pay attention to what interests them and who they follow.
Although writing about trends can certainly help you rise in the rankings, it is important to be able to understand your niche and make that data easily accessible. We now move on to the next point.
- Research Data and case studies that are niche-specific
You can save your audience hours of research by curating niche-specific case stories and research materials. This will help them identify credibility and avoid the frustrations associated with analyzing a lot of information. To get you started:
- Find keywords that are related.
- Find top websites with well-written, researched case studies.
- Avoid using information that has not been backed up by credible sources.
- Use Google Analytics to conduct a comparative study and find industry trends.
- You can map out your competition, get the content organized and ask for permission.
The trust and reliability in case studies is what most web surfers seek. Reading long-form content can become monotonous and tedious. This is why it is important that you explore other formats in order to produce relevant content.
- Explore Other Formats
Visual content is immediate, incites emotion and requires less effort, making it an excellent medium to get involved with. People prefer Snapchat and Instagram over Medium and Tumblr.
Too much content in an email can be overlooked. No one is going to read long emails anymore. An infographic that breaks down the same information will allow you to grab attention immediately.
To be able to create high-quality infographics and images, you will need to understand graphic design. Here are some ways to get started.
- You can create infographics with tools such as Canva or Infographic Directoryies to locate existing ones.
- Visit Pixabay or Unsplash to find royalty-free images.
- GIPHY allows you to create GIFs from scratch or use existing GIFs.
Tip: Using GIFs to communicate a powerful message is a great way to convey your message without sounding too serious. GIFs are fun, easy to make and require little effort.
- Email Newsletter Roundups to Win
Email marketing can be a powerful way to get your brand in the forefront. You can find many examples of email marketing, but newsletters are the best.
Roundups are a great way to present content in a unique manner and bring attention to content that may have been overlooked.
Here are some tips:
- Use tools such as Scoop.it to organize your content and curate it for automatic sharing.
- Make roundups based on themes that are easy to understand and to relate to.
- To hook your audience, start with a pertinent header.
- Be consistent and create a content calendar that includes relevant categories and themes. Refer tip. Take a look at the newsletter The Lily by Lily Lines.
- To create a positive brand image, it is important to follow up with professional email signatures. These are some examples of email signatures you might find useful.
It can be difficult to design a newsletter that is effective, but you have the right tools. Let’s take a look at some of these tools.
- Technology and tools to leverage
It can be tedious and time-consuming to search through many sites and compare information. Technology can help you reduce the time it takes to research and make your work more efficient.
Multiple tools and applications are available that can help you search the right keywords and create effective strategies to understand the market. These are just a few of the many tools and applications available:
- Use Scoop.it for content curation efficiency, promotion, and reaching a wider audience. The service offers users a desktop version as well as a mobile app that can be used anywhere.
- Flipboard allows you to create mini magazines using relevant links and data from reliable websites.
- Pocket is a tool for saving information from more than 500 websites, such as Medium, Evernote Tumblr Ted, Ted and Ted.
- DrumUp allows you to extract content from tons of websites. You can also share your content on social media channels, to spark meaningful conversations with your followers.
- Feedly helps you to sort through all the information and find top trends in your industry from trusted sources.
Tools can optimize your content curation strategy, and save you time and money. To ensure that these tools work as intended, however, it is important to have a clear goal.
Your online presence can be enhanced by content curation. Get inspired by influencers and curate content relevant to your niche. Make that content available to your audience. Don’t underestimate the power of email newsletter roundsups.
To avoid any last-minute confusion, be consistent in publishing your content. Do not allow for confusion and make sure you know your goal so that you can use the best tools to curation your content. You will be able to curate content as a professional and achieve purposeful, directed results.
Scoop.it Blog: 5 Effective Methods to Use Content Curation in Email Marketing Strategies and Social Media.
Leave a Reply