Pinterest is a visual search engine that inspires many.
The platform is used by millions of people to plan their future purchases. Pinterest users are focused on brands only, unlike other social media platforms.
Pinterest makes shopping easier thanks to features such as Live Shopping and shoppable Idea pins.
Pinterest is no longer intended to drive website traffic.
It is becoming a popular platform for branding and ecommerce. Before planning your marketing strategy and SEO strategy, marketers should be aware of the following Pinterest statistics.
Let’s look at the statistics.
Pinterest Demographics Statistics
It has become the most popular platform for identifying trends in multiple industries, with 444 million users. It is interesting to note that Pinterest isn’t just popular in the United States.
According to Pinterest statistics, 75% of users are not from America. The platform is dominated by females, with more than 70% being Pinterest users. For a better understanding, here are some additional Pinterest stats.
- According to Statista, there are 444 million monthly active users worldwide.
90.45 Million active users are U.S.
- 38.8% are between the ages of 25 and 34.
- Pinterest has 78.1 Million female users and 21.9 Million male users in the U.S.
- More than 75% are not from the United States.
- More than 70% of users use the platform are females.
- 19.7% of Pinterest users fall within the 18-24 age range.
Statistics on Pinterest Usage
Experts and professionals share their top tips and tricks on Pinterest and help their followers learn the best. Users use Pinterest to search for more than 2,000,000 queries per month.
You can also find thousands of pins on the boards, which have over 5 million members. Pinterest is used by 74% of its users, which makes it a social media platform. This app also helps in 85% of Pinterest use via mobiles. Take a look at additional Pinterest statistics to see how it is used.
Pinterest hosts more than 2 billion searches each month.
- Pinterest has more than 5 Billion boards.
- 74% of Pinterest users use the app.
- Users of Pinterest have collectively created over 200 billion pins.
- Mobile apps account for 85% of Pinterest’s usage.
- Pinterest users average 8 searches per month.
- In general, Pinterest users spend 29% more on shopping than non-users.
86% millennials use Pinterest for planning life events.
- 63% of millennials use the platform for searching for products or services.
- Pinterest has received over 75 billion pins.
- About 43% of Internet users in America have a Pinterest account.
- Pinterest is twice as popular in high-income households as it is in low-income homes.
Pinterest Engagement Statistics
Pinterest is now more than just pins and link posts. Pinterest statistics show that video views have increased 200%, resulting in high engagement. Pinterest is used by 55% of users with intent to shop and purchase, which generates direct sales for most marketers.
There are also 600,000,000 visual searchesvia Pintopia lens every month. If a non-following user comes across your product, they will be able to scan it and then purchase the item.
This is so cool!
These are more Pinterest statistics about engagement that will help you to create better promotional strategies.
- Pinterest video views have increased by 200%
- 78% of Pinterest users agree that it is useful to view brand content on the platform.
55% people use Pinterest to shop or buy.
- 89% of American pinners use Pinterest to find inspiration on their journey to buy.
- 98% of users have used something they found on Pinterest.
- Pinterest is very popular among women, especially moms.
- Pinterest’s 40% engagement comes from related pins
- More than 56 millions pinners are actively engaged with home content.
- 70% of people use Pinterest to search for accessories, watches, or jewelry.
- 52% of users use their platform for their knowledge about great food and drink.
- Fathers are three times more likely than average male pinners to share boards.
- 80% of moms use Pintrest.
- Pinterest trends rose to 56% while other platforms saw a rise of 38%.
- Every month, Pinterest lenses are used to make 600 million visual searches.
Here are 25 Dos and Don’ts for your Pinterest Marketing Strategy
Pinterest Business Statistics
Marketers who continue to use Pinterest for their business can take heart. The number of interactions with Pinterest shopping pins has increased by 44%.
Pinterest can be a great way to get your brand noticed, as 97% of Pinterest searches are not branded. You should also consider different pin types, such as rich pins and product pins.
These pins can be promoted, as 61% of Pinterest users made a purchase due to sponsored pins. These Pinterest stats will help you to use the platform to grow your business.
- The 44% increase in interaction with organic Pinterest shopping pins is a sign of increased interest.
87% have purchased a product through Pinterest. 93% of those who use Pinterest to plan future purchases.
- 76% of pinners keep items for later purchase.
- 97% of all Pinterest searches are unbranded.
Pins showing a product in action are 67% less likely to drive sales.
48% of Pinterest users place shopping as their top priority.
- Pinners place visuals above all else when shopping for furniture and apparel.
- Sponsored pins have been used to purchase 61% of the products purchased by users.
Pinterest Ads Insights
With a 4.4% increase in reach quarter-on-quarter, Pinterest ads could potentially reach millions of people. 78% of Pinterest users agree that ads and branding content are relevant to their interests, and will continue to search for them in the future.
We recommend pinning approximately 5-6 times per day to maintain a consistent presence on this platform. This will help with branding and reach.
Sponsoring and posting pins on Pinterest will increase your traffic and help you achieve your social selling goals quicker. Here are some additional statistics about ad demographics, performances and Pinterest.
- Advertisements on Pinterest can reach 233 million people.
- 7.1% of ad viewers are female and 14.8% are men.
Advertisers can reach 3.8% to the 13+ population.
- The U.S. is home to Pinterest’s highest reach ranking, followed closely by Brazil and Mexico.
- Pinterest’s largest audience is made up of people between 25 and 34 years old, which represents 38.8% of all users.
- Pinterest’s advertising reach has increased by 4.4% quarter-on-quarter
- 78% of users agree that content from brands, including ads, is valuable.
Pinterest Top Brands
Do you want to make your Pinterest profile look better? These top brands have built a loyal following on Pinterest and are now sharing their knowledge.
Pay attention to their boards. See how often they pin and when they go live. This will help you connect with your fellow forum members. These are our top five picks, along with their Pinterest stats, to help you build your Pinterest marketing strategy.
- Oh Joy has a large following of 15.2 Million followers on Pinterest.
- Poppytalk has 10.5 Million followers on Pinterest.
- Tasty is followed by 10.4 million people on Pinterest.
- Pejper has 6.8 Million followers on Pinterest.
- Harper’s Bazaar has over 6.4 million Pinterest followers
Interesting read: All you need to know about Pinterest promoted pins
Pinterest is an invaluable source of reliable information. If you’re a marketer, it is a big mistake to not use this platform.
Why? 7 of 10 Pinterest trends predictions are already true.
We understand that the Pinterest statistics discussed in the blog are encouraging. However, marketers will be reluctant to commit to frequent pins as they already have too many other things to do.
SocialPilot is a great tool to help you plan your pinning strategy. It allows you to plan your pinning strategy, and it helps you build a following on Pinterest as well as on 8 other platforms.
With Canva integration, you can easily plan your posting times and frequency, make edits on the fly, and even keep track of performance with analysis.
Get a 14-day free trial to upgrade your Pinterest presence hassle-free.
SocialPilot’s first post, 45+ Pinterest Statistics to Boost Social Selling In 2022 appeared on SocialPilot.
Did you miss our previous article…
Leave a Reply