- Marketers need to use historical and forecasted data in order to drive blog content
- SEO is all about ensuring that the content adds value to competitors by providing additional information or FAQs.
- SEO will suffer if the content is full of errors.
Content created in partnership with RankIQ
These are the top 25 SEO tips for blogging to help blog posts rank on Google’s first page.
1. An AI SEO tool can cut down on the time it takes to write a blog post.
Artificial intelligence (AI), tools like Clearscope or rankIQ , can tell you which topics marketers should be covering in order to get a first-page Google ranking. This makes it easy for marketers to quickly create a detailed outline.
2. When choosing keywords, don’t use a single-phrase search volume
A common mistake marketers make when they blog is to use single-phrase search volume as a way to identify keywords. This metric can only be used to measure the traffic you get from Google ads.
Only two keyword research tools provide accurate estimates of traffic: Ahrefs Traffic Potential and rankIQ Estimated Yearly Visitors.
3. From poll results, poll creates original research posts
Original research posts are highly regarded and get many backlinks. Marketers and bloggers can generate original data by identifying large Facebook groups in their field of interest and posting polls. These polls can provide the basis for a research article.
4. To generate high-quality backlinks, get interviewed on podcasts
You can generate backlinks to blogs in many ways. These links are often included in the show notes for the episode.
Marketers can send emails to show hosts to advertise that employees are available for interviews on podcasts. Hosting sites make it easy to locate details of podcast hosts. Apple’s Top Charts lists top 300 podcasts from a variety of areas. Bloggers don’t have the time to write emails. Instead, they can sign up for PodcastGuests.com to have hosts reach them instead.
5. Blog posts about the most searched statistics for passive backlinks all year
Journalists who cite data or statistics often include a link to the source in their articles. However, they will click on the title with the most data points. (E.g., 50 Latest Dog Biting Statistics).
By researching keywords, marketers can increase their blog’s SEO. They can find the most searched statistics in a particular area of interest. Bloggers can use this information to create blog posts with additional data points.
6. Google “friendly” terms in your title
An AI SEO Report is created by marketers using a tool such RankIQ. It lists the keywords that Google “likes” the most in titles. This allows bloggers to create optimized post titles by selecting the words that drive the highest click-through rate (CTR), for particular keywords or phrases.
7. Your blog title should include a targeted front end modifier
A strategically placed front end modifier such as “best”, “top”, or “good” can boost a marketer’s blog ranking from #3 to 1. Different areas and topics have different front-end modifiers. Recipe posts account for over 90% of food bloggers’ traffic. For recipe posts, the top front-end modifiers are “easy”, “best”, “homemade” and “simple”. (E.g., Chicken pot pie recipe).
8. Always strive to be better than your competitors
Marketers should examine their competitors on Google before publishing a list post. If 15 is the highest number in a title, marketers should think about lengthening their blog post to 25. This will increase their CTR and push their blog posts past titles that have lower numbers.
9. Your blogpost title should not exceed 60 characters
Ahrefs SEO Tool found that titles of more than 60 characters were rewritten more often by Google 57% than titles with 60 characters or less.
10. At the end of each title, use brackets to indicate the current year.
Google searches want the most recent information. Google searchers want the most recent information in blog posts.
One example is: “25 Email Marketing Tips For Bloggers ”.
11. Link to an internal post from two other posts of high authority.
Markets should link to at least two historical blog posts that have lots of inbound links, whenever they publish a new post via a company blog.
12. To rank for featured snippets, write 40-50 word paragraphs
Multiple studies have shown that featured snippets are most commonly pulled from paragraphs between 40-50 words. This length is the optimal length for maximum reader engagement.
13. Before publishing, ensure your content grade is at least A+
Backlinko analyzed 11.8 million Google search results to find posts with a high content score that ranked higher in Google searches. will grade a blog’s contents based on the keywords that Google is looking for.
14. To increase the ‘dwell time’ of your posts, add FAQs to the end.
A frequently asked questions section at the bottom of a blog article is a great way to extend people’s attention.
Search engines are a great tool for marketers to discover the most popular questions on a specific topic. Google even offers a “People also Ask” option.
Marketers might consider including around 3-5 questions and 40-50-word answers in their blog posts.
15. Listen to podcasts on teaching such as “The Blogging Millionaire”.
The Blogger Millionaire is the host of , a podcast dedicated to teaching blogging strategies. It has over 5 million monthly listeners and ranks in the top 100,000 Google search results.
Brandon Gaille, the podcast’s host, has taught over 100 SEO and blogging growth hacks in just ten-minute episodes.
16. To increase engagement, keep your intros to no more than three sentences
Readers want to read the entire blog post quickly. Marketers should make sure readers see the first item in a list post.
17. To increase click through rates, create a meta description tease
Markets should contain the most important part of a post in 150 characters and end with an ellipsis. This can help a post move up in Google’s rankings by increasing its click-through rate.
Here’s an example:
Title: 11 On-page SEO Best Practices for Blog Post
Pro bloggers employ eleven On Page SEO strategies to achieve amazing results. SEO’s most important tactic is…
18. To rank higher, buy an aftermarket domain that has backlinks.
A blog post that has a high domain authority will rank highly on Google. These domains can be found at GoDaddy Auctions.
- Select domains that are less than 4 years old in the advanced search.
- All domains that have at least one bid in a Google Sheet should be copied.
- These can be run through a bulkdomain authority checker to remove domains with less that a 30-domain authority.
- To find domains that are at least loosely related, use the Wayback machine.
19. Google prefers the following word count for each keyword that you use
It depends on what subject you are writing about, the word count required to hit a keyword will vary. It may take only 900 words to write a recipe. A post on marketing tips may require 4000 words.
Frase, RankIQ are AI SEO tools that use algorithms to determine how many words a post must have to rank high in Google.
20. Your URLs should be concise and focus on the key keyword phrase.
Backlinko discovered that URLs at the top Google position have 9.2 characters less than URLs at position 10.
21. Make your own video thumbnails, and link them!
SEO can be improved by avoiding embedding video from hosting sites. YouTube embed codes significantly slow down page speed, which is an important component of Google’s algorithm.
22. Your target keyword should be included in the first 100 words.
This tactic is not new and still works.
23. Before you hit publish, run your post through Grammarly
A blog post that is littered with spelling and grammatical errors is the worst. It suggests laziness or haste.
Grammarly’s tool can be as effective as having an editor review your work. It will immediately review your rough draft and flag any errors or inconsistencies, and then suggest corrections.
24. For more backlinks, and social shares, include short stat-based infographics
Simple stat-based infographics are the best at attracting backlinks and sharing on social media. Your stat infographics can be used on both mobile and desktop devices by using a ratio of 16:9.
25. Get a list from RankIQ of keywords with low competition and high traffic potential
Many bloggers end up writing over 50% of their posts using keywords that they won’t be able rank for.
RankIQ’s top keywords research experts have identified low competition high traffic keywords within over 300 niches.
Rank IQ offers AI-powered tools that help marketers and bloggers improve SEO. It identifies key words and topics that are at the top of Google’s ranking algorithm.
Search Engine Watch’s Top 25 SEO Tips for Blogging in 2022 was first published on Search Engine Watch.
Leave a Reply