- Google Trends is a powerful gateway to search trends in the wake of helpful content rollouts
- How can you identify a trend to justify investment in resource investments?
- These are practical tips that will help you find Google Trends and incorporate them into your ecommerce SEO strategy
Online visibility is key to a successful digital marketing strategy. This results in conversion. According to 61% of B2B marketers, SEO and organic traffic generate the most leads for a digital marketing strategy.
The statistics for 2022 show the situation. They show that 68% of all online activity is initiated by a search engine. There are many resources available online to help you build a digital marketing plan. We will focus on the key elements of an SEO strategy and keyword search to help you grow your business in the coming year.
Google Trends and SEO: How to Enhance Your SEO Strategy
Google Trends can make a huge difference in your SEO strategy if you take advantage of its potential. These are the steps you can take to make use of this tool in your digital marketing strategy.
1. Keep an eye on trends
Google Trends is an online tool that collects search data and helps you capitalize upon popular trends in marketing. It gathers data from Google Images, Google News and Twitter.
Google Trends analytics shows the total volume of searches over a given period. It also tracks how many users searched for a particular keyword on Google Search Engine. Although it is a reliable tool, it estimates the level of value a keyword will receive. It can range from 0 to 100. It can also identify seasonal variations in keywords.
A keyword with a value of 100 indicates that it is high-interest. Zero does not necessarily mean no one was interested, but that there was not enough interest. If you search for the term “swimwear”, then you’ll notice that it is more popular in summer than winter. You can track analytics to determine the relevancy of your niche to users, and when it is best to jump on or off a trend.
2. Google Trends unearths new keywords
Keywords are what search engines use to find information about your website. Keyword research can help you determine what your customers are looking for, and how large the audience is.
These are the steps to follow:
- You should identify the key idea that your customers associate with the product or service you offer, such as cashmere scarves. Avoid using adjectives.
- You can narrow down the details of your product or service by anticipating what unique aspects of your niche would lead users to your site. Cashmere scarves made in Italy, for example.
- You can now add a link to a website in your search for more results.
- To improve product association, include brand names for your products or industry names. However, do not include an unidentified brand name in your search.
- You can try different keyword phrases related to the topic in different ways, such as “Italian Cashmere Scarves”, “designer Italian Cashmere Scarves” and “affordable Italian Cashmere Scarves”. To narrow down your search results, use keywords that are related to the topic.
- SEMrush is a tool that allows you to find keywords that rank high on a page. You can also include related keywords to compare with other keywords.
Some search terms may be trendy but not real trends that will eventually disappear, so make sure to keep your content up-to-date.
Know the difference between a trend or a fad
This quick overview will help you identify what trends are and what isn’t, giving you more clarity about whether you should invest your time or resources in content creation.
Trend is –
- A general change in behavior, a situational shift, or a shift in how people behave
- It can be traced back to a beginning point in time
- Evolution is gradual
- Influence culture and consumer behaviour more broadly
A fad can be described as –
- This is a very popular activity or style that can be called a “one-hit wonder”.
- It is impossible to trace a starting point, as fads explode on the scene.
- As fast as they appear, fade away
- It does not have a significant impact on consumer behaviour
3. Research your niche
Google Trends helps you find the most relevant keywords for your SEO strategy. To remain relevant, your niche must provide value.
At a glance, the variations between dips and rises on charts created by Google trends reveal the following:
- Seasonal price changes
- Demand changes according to the seasons
- The sustained search volume over a period of time is a key factor in the stability of a niche.
- It is possible to make a business out of the niche.
You can use the metrics from this search to guide you in making data-driven decision for your brand and exploiting your niche.
- Identify your target regions
- Assess the viability of your niche
- Search for the terms you are looking for
- Make decisions using real-time data
- Optimize your campaign
- Find out if your customers are loyal and can help you build a community
4. Keep track of the most popular searches
Google Trends is a great tool to keep you informed when your business deals are centered on a dynamic niche. You must be able to provide real-time results for people’s search engine queries so that you can respond accordingly.
You can use the research to adapt your marketing strategies to address emerging market concerns.
Businesses that adapt their strategies to meet emerging real-time requirements thrive, while those that don’t see an increase in returns naturally experience a decline.
5. Compare keywords
Google Trends searches collected data from search history and search terms that people used the most often in Google searches. A search bar is available on the Google Trends landingpage for specific search terms. You can enter up to five keywords to compare and separate them with a space.
Searches that are focused on similar topics can be very useful and show the customers’ less obvious needs. Analytics labels a term’s search results as “rising” to indicate that it experienced the greatest volume growth. Breakout is the percentage of search queries that have exploded to more than 5000%.
6. Optimize for video, ecommerce
YouTube videos offer another way to study the market scene, in addition to web results. Google Trends uses videos to identify the top video topics. It will let you know when it is the right time to create video content for your ecommerce store and what tags are needed for optimization.
The tool can be used to track the success of your video. Consider that 88% of people said that they were convinced to buy a product or service after watching a video about a brand. While only 70% would prefer to watch a video about a brand rather than read the text, 70% said they would.
7. Reach local audiences
It is now easy to locate geo-specific data, and assess the popularity of a search result by region. It is easy to identify the most popular region for your products or services.
This search can be done in many ways. You can start by entering the name of your business in the search box and scrolling down to the map section to find the locality.
Search filters can be used to match keywords and find different regions that are interested in your products and services. A campaign should be relevant to the location.
8. Google Trends to analyze competitors
Google Trends provides insight into what potential customers are searching for in your industry via the internet. You can also get insights into your competitors’ activities, such as the trending search queries for your industry, and the year-to-date trends.
The tool allows you to filter your search by seasons to view any variations in the market. You can check if any price changes occurred, such as seasonal sales or supply fluctuations. These insights can help you plan how to promote your brand based on the business strategies of your competitors.
9. Your yearly calendar
You must then create a search marketing strategy with specific events. This yearly calendar will help you plan and create schedules for seasonal events that meet the needs of your customers. This dynamic tool can be adjusted to meet your needs.
It integrates all of the previously discussed steps into an ecommerce marketing strategy that works for brick-and-mortar as well as web-based businesses.
Use Google Trends to help you with your campaign
Google Trends can provide valuable insight into your digital marketing strategy and content strategy. This information can be used to plan content and measure your audience’s response at the best times.
For consultations and support in implementing result-driven branding strategies, please contact us.
Eric Ritter is Digital Neighbor’s President & Founder. You can find him on Twitter @EricRitter.
Sign up for the Search Engine Watch newsletter to get insights into SEO, the search landscape and digital marketing.
Join us on LinkedIn or Twitter to continue the conversation.
Search Engine Watch’s first article, How to Enhance Your Ecommerce Branding Strategy with Google Trends, appeared first on Search Engine Watch.
Leave a Reply