Modern marketing is all about content. You need to constantly think of new content ideas.
This is even more difficult if you do it regularly. According to numerous studies, 75% struggle to find the time to create content.
Content curation is the solution. This is a smart way to use existing content, posts and other material from others to add value to your audience.
Source: Bit Rebels
This article will provide all the information you need about content curation, and how to use it to your advantage.
Explore a variety of creative ways to create more content and keep it fresh and creative.
What’s content curation?
Content curation refers to the act of selecting and finding content that is relevant for your audience, and then sharing it in an engaging way.
This doesn’t necessarily mean sharing every piece of content you find. Content curation success is about being strategic in what content you share.
You should also be careful about how you share this content. This is the biggest problem that many businesses have with content curation. You’ll find out how to implement this strategy in your business using the right content curation tools.
Creative ways to curate content
Let’s take a look at three examples of content curation that are excellent.
1. Recommendations for books
Image source: James Clear
This is a simple, but effective example in content curation. James Clear, author, recommends his most influential and favorite books to his audience.
Clear believes this type of content curation is beneficial because it encourages personal growth.
2. Pinterest has creative decor ideas
Image Source: Rachel Elise Art | Pinterest
Pinterest and other social media platforms allow you to curate content. This ‘Board for Table Settings’ was created by an artist. This board is a great resource for anyone looking for ideas on table settings for different occasions.
3. Scoop.it offers thought leadership content
Another example is Scoop.it, a content curation tool that helps you establish yourself or your business as thought leaders in a particular area of knowledge.
You can become a respected thought leader by curating the most recent news, trends, or your own insights onto a website and sharing it with your network. You will create a brand for yourself or your business and establish authority and trustworthiness.
Why content curation is important
You now know the basics of content curation and have seen some examples, so you can see how important it is as a marketing strategy.
There are many benefits to help you grow your company.
- It is a powerful way for you to establish authority and expertise in your niche.
- It is possible to create content quickly without needing to start from scratch
- Curation can help you build relationships with experts in your field
- If done right, it can drive traffic to your blog or website.
- Content curation is a great way to simplify complex topics for your audience
- Share group news and local events to engage a community
We now have all the information we need, so let’s talk about how to curate content and what tools you can use.
How do you curate content
It’s not enough to just put together blog posts and social media updates and call it a day. Content curation must be approached as a powerful content marketing strategy that adds value to your audience.
Let’s take a look at each step to make sure you have the most effective information curating.
1. For content curation, set a goal
It is important to establish goals before you begin curating content.
- Do you want to be regarded as an expert in a particular area?
- Are you looking to share valuable information with your audience?
- Do you want to find new ways to create content?
Once you have a clear vision of what you want from curating content, the format will be right for you and you can gather the most relevant content from the internet.
2. Research and identify opportunities
You should also research what content is available and what might be missing.
Research will help you identify the hot topics and gaps in conversation. These opportunities will help you create curations that are engaging and useful for your audience.
Research is easy with the many tools available. BuzzSumo, for example, is one tool you can use to see what’s hot. You can also browse social media and forums to find out what’s hot. These information can help you create content around a topic or inspire you to curate your own.
3. Topic ideas are encouraged
If you have done your research, it should not be difficult to generate ideas for curating topics.
Be sure to keep your audience interested and informed by choosing topics that are both interesting and relevant.
Ideas can be generated by watching what your peers in the industry are discussing, following what’s trending on Twitter, and keeping up to date with the latest news in your area.
There are many topics that you could choose to focus on. Some topics are timeless, such as a list with the top books to help you start a business. Others are hot, such as ’15 popular songs for your next Instagram reel’.
Create a content calendar and a list of topics. You should plan when and what you will publish. This helps you stay on the right track and produces timely and relevant curations.
4. Choose your curations carefully
It is important to select the best content when curating content. You don’t want to rehash easy-to-find content. To find useful content, you need to do your research deeply and dig deeper.
This ensures your audience receives value by following you online and staying on your email list.
5. Make sure you use the correct format and tools
Once you have gathered the best content, it is time to choose a format. You can curate your social media posts, music and images using different platforms and tools.
How you present your curated content will depend on your audience’s preferences and your communication platform.
Here are some ideas:
- Scoop.it allows you to easily collect, distribute, and share blog posts, articles, or any other content on a website.
- You can use free social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest to share content about a particular topic. To build your curation list, you’ll typically use photos and videos.
- To showcase your social media posts on your website, you can use a plugin for social feeds
- Send out newsletters to your group or community, with links to local news and events.
- Blog posts and ‘link bait content’ can be created, such as a round-up, statistics, or similar content.
These are just a few of the many ways that you can curate and distribute content. Let’s take a look at what to do after you have created your curations.
6. Your opinion is important.
It’s important to curate content with a unique approach. This will make your content stand out and help you connect with your audience.
Make sure you choose the best content for your curations. Don’t be afraid of being personal as you create your content. It’s a powerful way to connect with people by sharing your personal preferences and why your audience should read a book or post.
7. Promote your content
After you have finalized your curated content, spread the word!
There are many ways to accomplish this. The choice of the method will depend on the audience and the content.
Here are some tips to promote your curated content.
- It can be shared on social media
- In your email newsletter, include a link
- It can be embedded on your blog or website.
- Write a blog article about it
- Cross-promote your curated content and link it to your website, social media and email newsletters
- Use the correct keywords and phrases to optimize your content for search.
It is crucial to ensure that your curated content is seen by more people. To increase traffic to your site and encourage engagement, encourage your audience members to share the content you have created.
Content curation is an important aspect of content marketing. This allows you to share content from different sources and credit the original creators. This allows you to build relationships with other site owners and businesses, and provides valuable content for your readers.
You now know the importance of content curation. Check out Scoop.it to find the best content curation tool.
Boards can be created based on specific topics. You can add articles and blog posts, video, image, and other content.
It will be easy for you to share useful content with your readers. Get started now and give your content marketing a boost!
Scoop.it Blog published 7 ways to generate new content with content curation.
Did you miss our previous article…
Leave a Reply