One platform is invincible and stays afloat no matter what happens to other social media platforms.
Yes, Twitter is being mentioned!
In the past few years, it has made bold moves to revolutionize internet conversations.
Twitter is a sensation when it comes spreading news like fire. If you want to keep up with the latest trends, this platform is for you. This platform is your one-stop shop for the latest news and happenings.
Safety mode, misinformation label and Prompts were some of the new features that were introduced recently. These features helped to ensure that conversations were more meaningful and safer for all.
Twitter made it easier to monetize for creators and businesses with Super Follows and Ticketed Spaces.
These new features will be included in your 2022 marketing plan. However, you should also keep these Twitter statistics in mind and make use of Twitter tools to increase your reach.
Twitter Demographics Statistics
Twitter’s user base has grown exponentially, reaching 211 million daily users and 335 million monthly active users. Twitter is the preferred network, not only for the average man, but also for 83% of world leaders.
The U.S. is still the largest Twitter user, but Japan and India are growing rapidly on the platform. You can find more Twitter demographic statistics here.
- According to Statista, Twitter has 211 million active users per day, and 330 million monthly users.
83% are on Twitter.
- 79% of Twitter users aren’t from the U.S.
- Global Twitter users aged between 18-24 years are 27.9%
- 76.7 million active users are American, while 58.2 millions are Japanese and 24.5 million are Indian.
- 29% of Twitter users are women, and 70% are men.
- 7.1% of people 13 years and older use Twitter.
- 42% of Twitter users are graduates from college.
- 77% of Twitter users make more than $75,000+ per year.
Twitter Usage Statistics
Twitter is one the fastest-paced networks, where so many things happen. There are 500 million tweets in a single day and 9281 tweets shared every second.
Twitter statistics on usage show that the network is used for more than just promotion. Nearly 12% of Americans use Twitter to keep up with the latest news. 46% of Twitterati use Twitter every day. These are just a few more Twitter statistics that show the staggering usage metrics.
26% U.S. users use Twitter multiple times per day.
- 46% of Twitter users use the platform every day.
- 25% of users use it every week, and 71% use it at least once a week.
- Twitter users spend an average of 3 minutes and 39 seconds on average.
- Twitter is used for news by 12% of U.S. users.
There are 500 million tweets per day.
- A tweet lasts for 24 minutes.
- Daily limit: 2400 tweets per day, 1000 messages per days.
- In one second, 9281 tweets were sent.
- Each year, there are 200 billion tweets.
- 82% of active users use Twitter via their smartphones.
- Twitter’s total website traffic exceeds 3 times that of its actual active user base.
Twitter Engagement Statistics
Twitter is great for quickly creating engagement. To get your message across, you just need to be creative and fluent with words. Twitter, unlike other platforms is more about wordplay.
You can increase your reach by combining it with hashtags. Just 1-2 hashtags can increase your engagement by 21%
To add more context to your content, you can also post GIFs or videos. Take a look at these amazing Twitter statistics to help you create out-of-the box strategies.
- 79% of marketers continue to leverage Twitter Spaces.
- Twitter has 125 million hashtags per day.
- 21% more engagement can be achieved by using just 1-2 hashtags
- Tweets that include more than two hashtags may get 17% less engagement.
- Hashtagged Tweets have a 55% higher chance of being retweeted.
- An average Twitter user has 707 followers.
- 391 million followers don’t have any followers.
- The top 10% of Twitterers contribute 92% to tweets in the U.S.
- Twitter’s timeline has a +31% higher level of emotional connection and +28% greater levels of memorability than the average social media platform.
- “Face with Tears of Joy”, the most popular emoji on Twitter, is used 14.5 Billion times.
- Tweets that include a GIF receive 55% more engagement than tweets without it.
- Everyday, 2 billion videos are viewed on Twitter by users
- According to the most recent hashtag stats, tweets that include hashtags saw engagement of 100% for individuals and 50% respectively for brands.
Interesting read: 101 ways to get more followers on Twitter
Twitter Business Statistics
Twitter has been a safe place for businesses, with regular tweets. Many brands cater to their Twitter followers. Even companies have admitted to a 19% increase in customer satisfaction by using this network for addressing their concerns.
To solve customer problems and inquiries, you can also create a second Twitter account.
Brands have also found Twitter to be a great place for selling. 40% of Twitter users admit to having purchased something from Twitter. These are just a few of the Twitter Stats that support Twitter’s use for business.
- 67% of B2B companies use Twitter for their marketing.
- Twitter users from SMBs say that providing customer service is important to 85%.
- 53% of Twitter users will likely be the first to purchase new products.
- Customers who use Twitter to communicate with their customers are happier by 19%
- 50% of consumers use Twitter while 36% follow brands via Twitter.
- 40% of users said they bought something from Twitter.
- 92% of companies are active on Twitter more than once per day.
93% brand followers on Twitter intend to purchase from them.
- 69% of Twitter brand followers have purchased from them already.
Twitter Ads Insights
You should be cautious when running ads on Twitter. If it is a hashtag campaign, avoid using hashtags. Ads with no hashtag get 23% more engagement.
As the Twitter ad revenue has increased by 87%, the advertising potential has actually increased. Each day, more than 160 millions ads are running on the Twitter network. Take a look at these important Twitter stats to ensure you know the details of your ad.
Advertisements on Twitter can reach 436 million people.
- Advertisements without hashtags received 23% more engagement
- With their adverts, marketers can reach 7.1%+ of the population via Twitter.
29% of ad viewers are female and 70% are male.
- The U.S. is home to the highest ranking Twitter ads, followed by Japan.
- Twitter’s majority of users are males between the ages of 25-34 and 18-24.
- Twitter’s advertising revenue grew 87% over the previous year.
- The daily revenue generated by location-based targeting campaigns has increased 7 times.
- Advertisers reported a 89% increase in video completion rates.
- The total ad engagement grew by 32% over the previous year.
- Twitter shows around 164 million ads daily.
Twitter Top Brands
Brands have gained millions of followers by regular tweeting and retweeting. Their followers are eager to receive their tweets every day, which results in high response rates. This is because they keep their followers informed about any important announcements or news. To understand the size of your following, check out these top brands and their Twitter statistics about followers.
- CNN Breaking News has 61.8 Million followers on Twitter.
- CNN has 55.7 Million followers on Twitter.
- The Twitter account of The New York Times has 51.2 Million followers.
- Nasa has 50.7 Million followers on Twitter.
- BBC Breaking News has 48.6 Million followers on Twitter.
Interesting read: How to Verify Twitter Accounts: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers
Twitter offers a wide range of communication options that allow you to quickly reach out to your audience. It is important to plan engaging tweets at the correct time, monitor brand mentions and respond quickly. You also need to reach out to influencers and collaborate with other brands to promote cross-promotion and analysis.
It is essential to effectively manage all the tasks with Twitter tools such as Socialpilot.
You can keep up with your followers’ news by creating a content queue. SocialPilot allows you to repost, schedule posts, curate content, add GIFs and videos, analyze your performance, as well as create GIFs and videos.
You can also be a professional marketer and manage multiple platforms using one interface. That sounds cool, right?
Take control of your brand on social media with your 14-day free trial
SocialPilot’s first article, 55+ Twitter Statistics to Skyrocket Your Branding by 2022, appeared first on SocialPilot.
Leave a Reply