Instagram is constantly improving and experimenting. Consistently.
It will continue to support creators and influencers with fundraisers and shoppable streams. Brands can now add swipe-up hyperlinks to increase website traffic.
Instagram is constantly adding value to its users with every update. How can marketers get the most out of Instagram?
These 50+ Instagram statistics will help you improve your Instagram presence.
Instagram Demographics Statistics
Instagram statistics reveal that the number of active users has increased by more than two billion in the last decade. The majority of users are from India, with Brazil and the U.S. following closely.
Statista reports that 51.6% of Instagram’s users are female, with more women using the platform. You can find more stats about Instagram here.
Instagram has over 2 billion active users.
64% Instagrammers are younger than 34.
- The largest demographic is 25-34 years old, accounting for 31.2% of total Instagram users.
- 500 million Instagram Stories users are active daily.
- 17.6% of the global population uses Instagram.
- Instagram has 51.6% female users and 48.4% men.
- India has the highest number of Instagram users (201 million), followed by the United States (157 million) and Brazil (115 millions).
Instagram Usage Statistics
Instagram statistics show that the platform has seen a steady increase in usage over the years. More than 60% of Instagram users use the platform at least once a day. Stories are a popular feature on Instagram, with over 70% of users watching them every day.
You should keep important stories in your highlights if you plan to use Instagram Stories. You can show relevant stories to new visitors whenever they visit your profile. These are just a few of the vital Instagram statistics that will help you get started.
- 58% of marketers plan to leverage reels by 2022.
Approximately 6 out 10 Instagram users log into their accounts at least once per day.
21% log in every week, while 16% log in more frequently.
- 38% of users log into the platform more than once.
- Every day, more than 100 million photos are uploaded to the platform.
- Instagram users spend an average of 28 minutes per day.
- 70% of people check Instagram stories every day.
- Photo posts account for 71.9% on Instagram.
- 130 million people tap on shopping posts every month.
- 40% of Instagrammers share stories every day.
Instagram Engagement Statistics
Reels have helped to increase engagement rates. Instagram has evolved from a photo-sharing platform to a video-sharing platform. This emphasizes the importance of using both short-form and long-form video content.
Insta statistics highlight the importance hashtags and geotags in generating an exponential reach.
Posts that include at least one hashtag receive 12.6% higher engagement than those without hashtags. Posts that are tagged with locations have also received 79% more interaction. Take a look at the Instagram stats for more information about the engagement dynamics.
- All post types have an average engagement rate of 0.83%.
Photo posts have an average engagement rate of 0.81% and video posts a 0.61% respectively. Carousel posts are 1.08%.
- An average engagement rate for business accounts with less than 10,000 followers is 1.11%.
- Engagement rates for business accounts with between 10,000 and 100,000 followers are 0.93%.
- Average likes per Instagram post are 1261
- Longer captions get better engagement.
- Instagram posts contain 10.7 hashtags on average
- Instagram gets 58% more engagement per user than Facebook.
- 100 million Instagrammers view or launch live videos every day.
- Photos with faces perform nearly 40% better than photos without faces
- Video gets 21.2% more engagement than images.
- Average 12.6% higher engagement for posts with at least one hashtag
- Instagram users are more active on weekdays with Wednesday and Thursday being the most popular.
Instagram users like 4.2 billion photos each day.
- Stories with music or voiceovers drive better low-funnel results than ads without sound.
- Posts that are tagged with locations receive 79% more engagement
Instagram Business Statistics
Instagram has made it possible for entrepreneurs to grow their businesses online. Businesses are expanding here by leaps and bounds, thanks to Instagram’s shoppable feeds and product tagging in stories and posts.
Even better, optimize your bio with concise descriptions. You can direct more people to your website by adding a link to it. These Instagram statistics will help you to improve your business.
- More than 25,000,000 businesses use Instagram for their products and services promotion.
- 90% of Instagram accounts follow at most one business.
2/3 of those surveyed believed that Instagram allows interaction with brands.
- 81% of Instagrammers use Instagram to search for new products or services.
- 44% of businesses use stories for product promotion.
- 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- 67% of users view branded stories.
- 83% of Instagram users find new products and services through the platform.
- 73% of marketers support Instagram for influencer marketing.
Instagram’s average monthly growth in followers for business accounts is +1.46%.
- Instagram has 500,000 active influencers.
- 54% of Instagram’s influencers are nano-influencers and 33% are micro-influencers.
- 70% of shoppers turn to Instagram for product discovery.
- Instagram accounts for businesses post on average 1 post per day.
Instagram Ads Insights
Although Instagram has a good organic reach, many marketers still rely heavily on ads to compete with their competitors. The app allows you to easily run ads and target different demographics.
Consider boosting the most popular posts before you go for ads. The same can be done for Creator studio ads to reach maximum people.
Insta statistics also show that influencer marketing on Instagram accounts is a significant portion of marketers’ budgets. If you aren’t already considering influencer marketing, it is a smart idea to do so. To learn more about Instagram statistics, click here.
- Instagram ads are viewed by 50% of Instagram users and they show more interest in brands.
- Instagram influencer marketers spend 69% on Instagram marketing.
- The U.S. is the country with the greatest potential Instagram advertising reach, followed closely by India and Brazil.
75% Instagrammers click on at least one advertisement.
- Instagram’s highest-reaching audience is the 25-34 age bracket, representing 32.3% of all Instagrammers.
- Instagram’s advertising audience grew 20.3%
1.39 Billion people can be reached via Instagram ads.
- With Instagram ads, marketers can reach 22.7% more people aged 13+.
- 48.4% of Instagram’s ad audience is female and 51.6% are male.
- Conversions for collection ads are up to 6% higher
- Video ads are 3x more engaging than photos.
Top Instagram Brands
The popularity of Instagram for bringing brands closer to their followers is evident in the top brands’ Instagram statistics. Brands are making the most of Instagram by sharing secrets tips and inside-talks, as well as going live to mentor others. Here are some tips from top brands who have taken inspiration from Instagram stats.
- National Geographic is the most followed, with over 199 million followers.
- Nike has 189 Million Instagram followers
- Real Madrid CF has 107 Million followers on Instagram
- FC Barcelona has 103,000,000 followers on Instagram.
- Instagram has over 85 million followers for the UEFA Champions League.
Marketing professionals rely on Instagram to deliver exceptional promotional feats. Reels has created a new way for users to be captivated. This results in a brand’s off-the-chart engagement rate.
We are certain that you can create an amazing Instagram marketing strategy with the help of these Instagram statistics.
You can build your brand by posting engaging content and scheduling them using Instagram marketing tools.
SocialPilot allows you to curate content and schedule posts and first comments, as well as access conversations from Social Inbox.
Get a 14-day trial for free and boost your social media marketing on Instagram as well as on other platforms.
SocialPilot’s first post, 50+ Instagram Statistics You Must Know by 2022, appeared first on SocialPilot.